Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672

    Not Enough Impeller Pitch?

    05 RXT and just threw on an X charger 42.5 Lucas', Riva Opas Pro, riva grate, riva air, riva 2 degree, SF cone and a 14/17R. Do I need more pitch? Can I run a 15/20r and how much more top end will it give me over the 14/17?

    Is there a formula?


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    All depends on how much your on limiter.
    I'm running a 14/21 on my rxt with x charger and barely on limiter in this cool air.

    15/20 should be close.

    Rough rule of thumb
    1 degree of pitch = 100 rpm = 1 MPH

  3. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    So 3mph difference!?!?!?!? That's Fing huge!!!! What if I'm being chased by a mako? I'll need that 3mph!!

  4. #4
    skigolfnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    League City TX
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    33
    I had a 15/20 with just a x charger and 42's with rear air, it wasen't enough HP to spin it up more than 7700-7800 rpms, as soon as I put the EX IC on and the RRFPR I was able to get it to 8150 rpms, everyones set up is a little different,

  5. #5
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I had a 15/20 with just a x charger and 42's with rear air, it wasen't enough HP to spin it up more than 7700-7800 rpms, as soon as I put the EX IC on and the RRFPR I was able to get it to 8150 rpms, everyones set up is a little different,
    Am I at risk of hitting the limiter because of not enough pitch? ... Is my worry.

  6. #6
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    05 RXT and just threw on an X charger 42.5 Lucas', Riva Opas Pro, riva grate, riva air, riva 2 degree, SF cone and a 14/17R. Do I need more pitch? Can I run a 15/20r and how much more top end will it give me over the 14/17?

    Is there a formula?
    Whats your RPM's now with the 14/17r You need to run the ski with your updated mods. Then you can decide where to pitch or throw different impeller in. You can not just guess how much pitch you want to add to a machine with out riding it.
    Every ski preforms different in all aspects of the environment that are running in. This has to do with all tuning. I dont care what fuel preasure someone is running also. if you dont check your own afr's you can't get a accurate reading on your ski, even if you have the same mods!

  7. #7
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,037
    +1
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Whats your RPM's now with the 14/17r You need to run the ski with your updated mods. Then you can decide where to pitch or throw different impeller in. You can not just guess how much pitch you want to add to a machine with out riding it.
    Every ski preforms different in all aspects of the environment that are running in. This has to do with all tuning. I dont care what fuel preasure someone is running also. if you dont check your own afr's you can't get a accurate reading on your ski, even if you have the same mods!
    I have only rode it once stock and it's been dry since. Still had the factory charger with 32hrs on the ceramics. I put all this stuff on in the past two weeks and have not changed the oil and had it out yet. I will tune in my AFR after I get everything buttoned up and make sure it doesn't leak anywhere.

    I think the 14/17 will suffice. Most of the time I'll have my GF with me and the last time I dumped her off the back she was pretty pissed. She don't like going fast now and this has a ton more torque than the turbo honda did.

  8. #8
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    I have only rode it once stock and it's been dry since. Still had the factory charger with 32hrs on the ceramics. I put all this stuff on in the past two weeks and have not changed the oil and had it out yet. I will tune in my AFR after I get everything buttoned up and make sure it doesn't leak anywhere.

    I think the 14/17 will suffice. Most of the time I'll have my GF with me and the last time I dumped her off the back she was pretty pissed. She don't like going fast now and this has a ton more torque than the turbo honda did.
    I think my old XP had my torque then the turbo Honda. Yea get it all set up and then decide if it needs pitch good luck man. Welcome to the fast side

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Impeller Pitching (Updated)
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 07-26-2017, 07:08 AM
  2. Impeller pitch ?
    By Piney in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
  3. RXP speeds vs rpm and impeller pitch
    By Vern in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 11:35 PM
  4. Impeller Pitch's
    By Alaska05RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 08:52 AM
  5. Impeller Pitching Questions
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-04-2006, 10:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •