+1

Not Enough Impeller Pitch?

05 RXT and just threw on an X charger 42.5 Lucas', Riva Opas Pro, riva grate, riva air, riva 2 degree, SF cone and a 14/17R. Do I need more pitch? Can I run a 15/20r and how much more top end will it give me over the 14/17?

Is there a formula?

+1
    All depends on how much your on limiter.
    I'm running a 14/21 on my rxt with x charger and barely on limiter in this cool air.

15/20 should be close.

Rough rule of thumb
    1 degree of pitch = 100 rpm = 1 MPH

+1
    So 3mph difference!?!?!?!? That's Fing huge!!!! What if I'm being chased by a mako? I'll need that 3mph!!

+1
    I had a 15/20 with just a x charger and 42's with rear air, it wasen't enough HP to spin it up more than 7700-7800 rpms, as soon as I put the EX IC on and the RRFPR I was able to get it to 8150 rpms, everyones set up is a little different,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I had a 15/20 with just a x charger and 42's with rear air, it wasen't enough HP to spin it up more than 7700-7800 rpms, as soon as I put the EX IC on and the RRFPR I was able to get it to 8150 rpms, everyones set up is a little different,
    Am I at risk of hitting the limiter because of not enough pitch? ... Is my worry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    05 RXT and just threw on an X charger 42.5 Lucas', Riva Opas Pro, riva grate, riva air, riva 2 degree, SF cone and a 14/17R. Do I need more pitch? Can I run a 15/20r and how much more top end will it give me over the 14/17?

Is there a formula?
    Whats your RPM's now with the 14/17r You need to run the ski with your updated mods. Then you can decide where to pitch or throw different impeller in. You can not just guess how much pitch you want to add to a machine with out riding it.
    Every ski preforms different in all aspects of the environment that are running in. This has to do with all tuning. I dont care what fuel preasure someone is running also. if you dont check your own afr's you can't get a accurate reading on your ski, even if you have the same mods!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    Whats your RPM's now with the 14/17r You need to run the ski with your updated mods. Then you can decide where to pitch or throw different impeller in. You can not just guess how much pitch you want to add to a machine with out riding it.
    Every ski preforms different in all aspects of the environment that are running in. This has to do with all tuning. I dont care what fuel preasure someone is running also. if you dont check your own afr's you can't get a accurate reading on your ski, even if you have the same mods!
    I have only rode it once stock and it's been dry since. Still had the factory charger with 32hrs on the ceramics. I put all this stuff on in the past two weeks and have not changed the oil and had it out yet. I will tune in my AFR after I get everything buttoned up and make sure it doesn't leak anywhere.

I think the 14/17 will suffice. Most of the time I'll have my GF with me and the last time I dumped her off the back she was pretty pissed. She don't like going fast now and this has a ton more torque than the turbo honda did.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    I have only rode it once stock and it's been dry since. Still had the factory charger with 32hrs on the ceramics. I put all this stuff on in the past two weeks and have not changed the oil and had it out yet. I will tune in my AFR after I get everything buttoned up and make sure it doesn't leak anywhere.

I think the 14/17 will suffice. Most of the time I'll have my GF with me and the last time I dumped her off the back she was pretty pissed. She don't like going fast now and this has a ton more torque than the turbo honda did.
    I think my old XP had my torque then the turbo Honda. Yea get it all set up and then decide if it needs pitch good luck man. Welcome to the fast side

Thread Information