+1

Cleaning out Stock IC core. Could it be a caase for low speed?

I would like to find the culprit for my low speeds. I was only running 64.5mph stock and bumped it up to 66.5mph with a riva intake and the Tommy Jordan exhaust mod. Cooler or warmer water did not seem to affect my speeds at all.

I am going to get down to installing the intake manifold upgrade soon and I wanted to take the extra time to open the stock IC and make sure the core is not corroded or blocked up. Can I just remove the black caps off the top of the Stock IC and pull out the core to inspect it? I planned on soaking it in Salt-Away if there was any corrosion. Is this a process that can be done?

+1
    This is a write up Jerry did for seadoos, it should help give you some idea. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15167
    Hope that helps.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    I would like to find the culprit for my low speeds. I was only running 64.5mph stock and bumped it up to 66.5mph with a riva intake and the Tommy Jordan exhaust mod. Cooler or warmer water did not seem to affect my speeds at all.

I am going to get down to installing the intake manifold upgrade soon and I wanted to take the extra time to open the stock IC and make sure the core is not corroded or blocked up. Can I just remove the black caps off the top of the Stock IC and pull out the core to inspect it? I planned on soaking it in Salt-Away if there was any corrosion. Is this a process that can be done?
    If the cooler water did not effect speeds then you intercooler is fine, If you have plenty water coming out of the right pisser the intercooler is fine.

+1
    Thanks for the link Mike.

Jim, After I install the sleeve, I will probably be dropping the ski off at your shop to see if you can give it a look over and get any more speed out of it. I am a solid 2 mph slower than other stock SHO's.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    Thanks for the link Mike.

Jim, After I install the sleeve, I will probably be dropping the ski off at your shop to see if you can give it a look over and get any more speed out of it. I am a solid 2 mph slower than other stock SHO's.
    no problem you can bring it any time.

+1
    The IC core is copper so corrosion shouldn't be an issue. It also has huge water passages & is pretty much impossible to clog. My guess is you're hitting the rev limit if you haven't repitched your prop after doing the other mods. Jim should definately be able to get it sorted for ya.

Thread Information