Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

ideas where to mount my pet 2100

ordered from jerry a pet 2100 any photos of where to mount..any one got one on the glove box lid..ordered spare lid for testing and drilling..thanks in advance..got stock bars at moment due to extra padding due to wave jumping but may change as your bars do look very cool

+1
    I don't know about you, but in the position I ride when doing WOT runs, I can't see a tach on the glove box lid. I have mine velcro'd to the instrument cluster. It's not the perfect location, but it works for me. You're looking forward anyway, not down, when you're riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I don't know about you, but in the position I ride when doing WOT runs, I can't see a tach on the glove box lid. I have mine velcro'd to the instrument cluster. It's not the perfect location, but it works for me. You're looking forward anyway, not down, when you're riding.
    i am so short i cant see the cluster either. ..thought the tach recorded max rpm per run so was going to set it to zero..run and record and re set.. only want it to get good reading to re pitch after winter work,,not a permant fixture..

+1
    Do you have stock bars or aftermarket bars ?

* Here is my location w/aftermarket bars.

* With stock bars, I see most of them velcro'd on the guage cluster like Boogie mentioned

+1

Smile

I made a little bracket out of aluminium angle stock, cut down to the size of the tach.
    Fixed the angle section with self tapping screws just under the plastic visor to the left of the button to pop the front hood. It just sits under the visor to protect from too much water, and can always be seen.
    Drilled a small hole and run the cable into the hood, and down the steering colum with the rest of the cables.
    I fixed it to the ali angle using a 3m product ( the same stuff Riva ships with it's efi controller).
    Never has come off, and has always worked even after a few full submersions in the surf.
    As a precaution , just run a small bead of superglue around the face of the pet to waterproof it.
    Sorry, no pics
    Now getting the PEt to read accuratley-That's another story!
    Not too bad once it's sorted, but you might need to try wrapping/running the wire a few different ways to get there. The same thing dosen't work for everybody-God knows why!

+1
    easy to see and almost looks like it should be there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tach01_690[1].jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	14068  

Not trying to hijack thread, just have a question. RX951, how's that Garmin been holding up? I got one this summer and it worked great, then I went last night to put a charge on it to get some info and it is dead. It has been plugged in since last night and nothing. Guess it's time to find another one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    Not trying to hijack thread, just have a question. RX951, how's that Garmin been holding up? I got one this summer and it worked great, then I went last night to put a charge on it to get some info and it is dead. It has been plugged in since last night and nothing. Guess it's time to find another one.
    hijackers welcome its what its all about...i also have a etrex and the bugger turns its self off with new batterys..any one care to help us both out with some wisdom.........billy stock bars so may go with r33p way.. thanks all
    Last edited by Hydrotherapy; 01-09-2007 at 07:10 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn View Post
    I seen a buddies Fortrex 201 do the same thing. He sent it back and got a warranty replacement unit. His was about 7 months old.

I have a Fortrex 201 and I cant kill it !!! Going on a year and a half. A lot of the Texas boys use the Fortrex or Forerunner 201s.

+1
    thanks wfo looks like its time for a new one.. thought it was shocks or a little water but its doing same on my mountain bike so its for the bin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information