Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need advice on a purchase ASAP...

So I found a 2009 RXP-X I'm thinking of trading my 01 800 XL yamaha and my 1999 XLL 1200 plus 3000 grand...
    They are asking 8200 for it out right... 17 hours a year and a half of warrenty left and a cover... NO trailer... I'm geting about 2500 each for my machines... both are in "good" to "very good" shape... what do you guys think??? Is it worth it? This will be the machine I mod in a year to go about 75 mph ish... The RXPX is in great shape...

Please respond ASAP... I may do deal this friday... Looking for advice...

Ripper

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    So I found a 2009 RXP-X I'm thinking of trading my 01 800 XL yamaha and my 1999 XLL 1200 plus 3000 grand...
    They are asking 8200 for it out right... 17 hours a year and a half of warrenty left and a cover... NO trailer... I'm geting about 2500 each for my machines... both are in "good" to "very good" shape... what do you guys think??? Is it worth it? This will be the machine I mod in a year to go about 75 mph ish... The RXPX is in great shape...

Please respond ASAP... I may do deal this friday... Looking for advice...

Ripper
    that doesn't sound like a bad deal. But you are giving them $3200 if they are only giving you $2500 each I'm not sure on the value on your skis, but if your happy with 2500 then that's all that matters. Is this a dealer? If so is it a certified Seadoo dealer. If so see if they will do a full inspection on the ski. You will be very happy with the performance of the ski. Also it doesn't take much to get a X to 75mph as well.

+1
    Yes, its a dealer and my skis have about 100 hours on them... How much to make it do 75 mph? What is my best bang for the buck to do that... I've tried to read as much as I can on here... I'm getting that I should get a differant intake grate to help the most??? is that true... Any suggestions on bolt on stuff to make it go fast now...

Rip

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipNSki View Post
    Yes, its a dealer and my skis have about 100 hours on them... How much to make it do 75 mph? What is my best bang for the buck to do that... I've tried to read as much as I can on here... I'm getting that I should get a differant intake grate to help the most??? is that true... Any suggestions on bolt on stuff to make it go fast now...

Rip
    it will be night and day from what you are riding now. Have you rode a Rxpx or Rxp?

+1
    Yes, I rode a RXP with a stage 2 in it... it did low 70's... That's when I knew I had to upgrade... I plan to get my wife a 08 RXT-X also...

Ripper

they will match and we'll look cool...LOL
    I can wait till the ice is out of the Mississippi River... We ride a ton of miles...

sounds like a decent deal, your getting good value for your ski's also. enjoy the new ride !

+1
    I will be making a deal tomorrow (Friday) at the dealership... I hope to get out of there for less then 3000 and my two skis... I know I may be able to exend the warrenty also. I don't know how much it is to buy more but any ideas of how much or If I should??? It will come with 15 more months left on it..

Ripper

+1
    Heading out at noon... Any last words of wisdom or things to look at on the 09 rxp-x... things I should check or look over...

Rip

+1
    Well, I got it... Can't wait till the ice is gone!
    Now just wondering what type of bolt on mods to do... I'm thinking a intake grate (Riva ???) and fill the ride plate holes in...
    I read this may make it go about 73 mph ??? Any thoughts on that? Perhaps a 4 inch fizzel setup too?

Ripper

+1
    congrats that looks like you got a good deal, get a grate and 4" fizzle and enjoy it for a while. then brake out the visa, cause these things are like crack,coccaine, for mods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information