Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Attached extra fuel - gas cans - Photos?

Hey everyone. I have a Sea-Doo GTI 155 Limited (Love it!).

I'd like to strap on some extra fuel to help save on dock gas prices and be able to go further without being tied down. How do you guys do it, any photos to share of a simple setup or just how you strap a couple fuel cans on the back of your SeaDoo ?

Feedback appreciated!
    Thanks.

+1
    here is my LX ready for a weekend getaway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	april 13 2009 011.jpg 
Views:	1082 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	262726  

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Very nice setups guys! Thanks for the DIY link - that is a great little project.

The center tow tie and lower hull hooks are not in ideal positions for strapping a fuel can directly to the swim platform. Any ever done this without building a rack?

Thank you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeteffect View Post
    Very nice setups guys! Thanks for the DIY link - that is a great little project.

The center tow tie and lower hull hooks are not in ideal positions for strapping a fuel can directly to the swim platform. Any ever done this without building a rack?

Thank you.
    If you ride offshore the racks don't hold up...I use a single 7.5 gallon molloer Gan with four load straps. Took it all the way to the Exumas and it didn't budge an inch.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    If you ride offshore the racks don't hold up...I use a single 7.5 gallon molloer Gan with four load straps. Took it all the way to the Exumas and it didn't budge an inch.

Sounds like the setup works - do you have a photo of it to share by any chance?
    Thanks!

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	419005_3108471081661_1560860323_32800137_367241369_n (1).jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	263308 This was taken on the day of final fitting of the tank brackets and has since been cleaned up. It is a 12 gallon tank, extends the range of my SHO from 90 to 150+ miles of hard riding. Transfer can take place directly to the main tank standing still or running at the flip of a switch, or transferred to another ski at the rate of a gallon per minute. Easily removed and there is no fuel in the system except in the tank. Quick connection keep it need and waterproof. Rock solid to the transom the ski will bust in half before the tank falls off. No lifting of gas cans over a open hood or hatch in any seas. Brackets and hardware are all stainless steel. Pump,hoses and below decks fittings are all marine approved and reinforced through bulkheads.

+1
    Vince - thanks for sharing - that is an awesome setup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	419005_3108471081661_1560860323_32800137_367241369_n (1).jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	263308 This was taken on the day of final fitting of the tank brackets and has since been cleaned up. It is a 12 gallon tank, extends the range of my SHO from 90 to 150+ miles of hard riding. Transfer can take place directly to the main tank standing still or running at the flip of a switch, or transferred to another ski at the rate of a gallon per minute. Easily removed and there is no fuel in the system except in the tank. Quick connection keep it need and waterproof. Rock solid to the transom the ski will bust in half before the tank falls off. No lifting of gas cans over a open hood or hatch in any seas. Brackets and hardware are all stainless steel. Pump,hoses and below decks fittings are all marine approved and reinforced through bulkheads.

+1
    I would have trusted my setup... I'll admit I don't ride off-shore but it has done in excess of 20 miles of very nasty, close together 2 to 5 footers.

+1
    Actually next trip I might have to bring my rack with me to show you that they hold up very well. I usually have a 120 QT icechest in in with my custom rod holders attached carrying 2 Penns heading out fishing in the GoM. I trust it enough with my penns in there I trust it enough for anything that can happen on the water.

That trip the picture was taken from was departing my house on a 130 mile ride of which most was across the GoM in some horrible conditions. I had to get behind an island mid way through my ride to fuel. I was carrying 26 gallons. That was one way. I had to do it again to come home. Normally on my trips I will have a 64 QT ice sube ice chest and 2 jerry cans. Good bit of weight and never a problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information