Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

2010 rxt x mod issues

hey guys want to know if this sounds right. if not what can i do to fix it.
    I have a 2010 rxt x (US model) and have lost RPM and didnt gain much top speed after doing mods. Mods are 3 inch intake with k&n pod, catch can, riva free flow exhaust, riva speed override module, solas 15/22r prop, stainless wear ring, r&d intake grate, speed freaks bellow band.
    speed is 112kp/h (70mp/h) on garmin gps @ 7500 RPM

any feed back will be apreaciated
    thank you

+1
    What was the temperature when you were out? If it was really hot, I'm not all that surprised with those rpms. The prop is probably a little tall for your setup. When my rxpx had similar mods on the real hot days I would be around 7700 rpms.

What nozzle are u running?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    What was the temperature when you were out? If it was really hot, I'm not all that surprised with those rpms. The prop is probably a little tall for your setup. When my rxpx had similar mods on the real hot days I would be around 7700 rpms.

What nozzle are u running?
    temp was 26c (78.8f) on seadoo dash, the prop was recommend on this page http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1587 for the speed override.
    nozzle is stock
    some times it would hold 6000 RPM for about 4 or 5 sec then creep to 7500 RPM

+1
    "The prop is probably a little tall for your setup."

What he said. Try it with the stock prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndskyz View Post
    temp was 26c (78.8f) on seadoo dash, the prop was recommend on this page http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1587 for the speed override.
    nozzle is stock
    some times it would hold 6000 RPM for about 4 or 5 sec then creep to 7500 RPM
    The dash displays water temp. I was curious about the air temp.

What do you mean it would hold 6000rpm then creep to 7500?? Thats certainly not good Or did you mean it would hold 7600 then creep back to 7500?
    If that wasnt a typo what you wrote, then you have something wrong there.

+1
    The dash displays water temp. I was curious about the air temp.

What do you mean it would hold 6000rpm then creep to 7500?? Thats certainly not good Or did you mean it would hold 7600 then creep back to 7500?
    If that wasnt a typo what you wrote, then you have something wrong there.
    It wasn't a typo but it only happened twice. temp that day was 30c, other people on here with same ski and looks to be same setup exsepet they have 4 inch intake are getting 74 mph on gps could that be the diffrence in speed and rpm. I was thinking to change the plugs to see if that would do anything or am I wasting my time

+1
    It wasn't a typo but it only happened twice. temp that day was 30c, other people on here with same ski and looks to be same setup exsepet they have 4 inch intake are getting 74 mph on gps could that be the diffrence in speed and rpm. I was thinking to change the plugs to see if that would do anything or am I wasting my time
    Okay, well thats certainly not normal... Changing the plugs is certainly a good starting point. Are you running BP ultimate or equivilent?
    How many hours on the ski? Do you know the s/c slip moment?
    Checked for boost leaks?

+1
    Okay, well thats certainly not normal... Changing the plugs is certainly a good starting point. Are you running BP ultimate or equivilent?
    How many hours on the ski? Do you know the s/c slip moment?
    Checked for boost leaks?
    They told me they put new plugs in when they put the mods on but I'll put new ones in and give it a go anyway. I use Bp ultimate and put octain boost in this time just because I wanted to cheek top speed on gps. Ski has 45 hrs on it but don't know sc slip how can I cheek the slip? No boost leaks I have a boost gauge and had it on befor the mods same boost

+1
    They told me they put new plugs in when they put the mods on but I'll put new ones in and give it a go anyway. I use Bp ultimate and put octain boost in this time just because I wanted to cheek top speed on gps. Ski has 45 hrs on it but don't know sc slip how can I cheek the slip? No boost leaks I have a boost gauge and had it on befor the mods same boost
    Octane boost is not going to help you out at all with a stock ecu.
    What are your boost numbers? They should be a bit lower because your turning less rpms.
    There are plenty of threads on how to check slip, just use the search function - but if your boost numbers are okay, your slip is probably okay too.
    Possibly the octane boost has caused your lower rpms?? I would change the plugs and run it again without the octane boost.
    Raising the fuels octane is only any good if you have a tune to match, or else it will actually be derogatory to performance.

+1
    Check your slip! Mine was about only about 8ft lbs when I bought it, now I run it at 15ft lbs with Mc master spring washers.
    You dont want the washers heating up from slipping breaking apart then going thru your engine!!

Also get your prop pitched to run 7960-8000 RPM thats where you will find the best speeds, anything higher and the limiter will hold you back.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information