Vx hull with fx HO engine

Hi!
    This winter i was checking my broken vx/fx engines and found that i could assemble with little crankcases welding a fx 1100 engine.The crankshaft bearings places were in good order so i decided to weld where the connecting rod went out from.Now the engine is ready,and looking in my yard found a vx sport 2005 hull without engine. So this is my project - 2005 vx sport with 2007 fx ho engine and electroniscs.I have all the wire harness and gauge from a 2006 fx ho that i've parted out.

Just started to check the mods i have to make - not so manny:
    -have to fit another two water outlets - one on the right side of the vx hull and one in the back (in the reverse cable hole)
    -in the vx air filter place will fit the fx ho cdi box
    -vx seat has to be trimmed in the area where the Fx HO air filter box is

And that's all as far as i found till now.

Any ideea how/where to find a lower fx ho air filter? Without box cover is no need to cut the seat!!!!

Another solution is to lift a little the hull collar where the seat lean on.
    Pictures will follow!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidescu_radu View Post
    Hi!
    This winter i was checking my broken vx/fx engines and found that i could assemble with little crankcases welding a fx 1100 engine.The crankshaft bearings places were in good order so i decided to weld where the connecting rod went out from.Now the engine is ready,and looking in my yard found a vx sport 2005 hull without engine. So this is my project - 2005 vx sport with 2007 fx ho engine and electroniscs.I have all the wire harness and gauge from a 2006 fx ho that i've parted
    Just started to check the mods i have to make - not so manny:
    -have to fit another two water outlets - one on the right side of the vx hull and one in the back (in the reverse cable hole)
    -in the vx air filter place will fit the fx ho cdi box
    -vx seat has to be trimmed in the area where the Fx HO air filter box is

And that's all as far as i found till now.

Any ideea how/where to find a lower fx ho air filter? Without box cover is no need to cut the seat!!!!

Another solution is to lift a little the hull collar where the seat lean on.
    Pictures will follow!!!
    Cool project! Lets see them pics.

One more thing to change - the throttle cable from vx is too short so i'll have to use a FX HO cable.
    Now here temp is -10 C so my project stopped for few days,hull wis outside full of snow!!!

+1
    I imagine the seat clearance problem could be resolved the same as the FX HO engine in the GPR hull.

Check out this members solution http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=92729&page=11

Also, I have used the FX 140/FX H.O. 2 PIECE FLAME ARRESTOR KIT that fit directly onto the throttle bodies.

http://www.rd-performance.com/newpro...rtno=200-00144

Scott

Yes today just cleaned the fuel tank and made the second hole on the left side of vx(near the original one) for the second fx ho water outlet pisser.Also inserted the engine inside hull and noticed that will not work with the vx waterbox so had to use the Fx HO waterbox(that has also larger intakes and outlets).Promise i'll make some pictures next week - temprature is arround 8degree Celsius now here.
    Next week i'll arrange the wire harness.Also i'll have to use the top of the oil tank from vx.

Did everything work out...I have a 2013 vx hull and a fxho mr1 motor, my concern is the water tubes that go to the back of the ski. Do I have to add any outlets to the vx hull or is it plug and play as far as water circulation? Please help

Did everything work out...I have a 2013 vx hull and a fxho mr1 motor, my concern is the water tubes that go to the back of the ski. Do I have to add any outlets to the vx hull or is it plug and play as far as water circulation? Please help

Thread Information