Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ridding rxp vs rxt

Was looking for some impressions on ridding an rxp vs rxt, is there a big difference. I rexently bough an rxp and mine is dificult to ride WOT ON chop, wonder if an rxt will handle better being more long and with more weight, is the difference get noticeable when condition worsens progress. Anyone that have driven both in similar conditions. Also my friend is going to buy an rxt260, i know he will walk me but im also afraid he will leave me really behind on choppy waters.

Comments impressions?

+1
    RXT 260 > RXT > RXP

The longer the ski the better the hook up, you will have a hard time keeping up with an RXT with simular mods.

However if you can get your hands on a pump extension that will give you much better hook up.

Seems you have experience with all three, thanks

+1
    You have to chose. No ski will be the best in all conditions. Buy a ski based on how / where you ride.

You are right, i bough mine of an impulse was looking for one and got a great deal on very low hours rxp, now that i have it im just trying to learn as much i can for future deals. I' m even considering selling my rxp w 25 hrs to buy a newer 255 or 260, but i should enjoy it a little bit more learn more then i should be able to make a more knowledge desition. Base on my new ridding habits. Comming fronm an old jet boat is a different learning curve

+1
    I thought the rxt was much better in the chop, and had a very dry ride compared to the rxp. The performace is close between the two.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    I thought the rxt was much better in the chop, and had a very dry ride compared to the rxp. The performace is close between the two.
    Stock vs Stock. Rxp on smooth water 3-4 mph faster, and turns alot better. In choppy water the Rxt will be dryer and should out run a Rxp if the rider knows what he is doing.

Now i want to test drive a rxt, i do notice at wot my ski is still very responsive to turns of course in Calm waters, on the shop im not abable to do WOT, I'm worried about small waves and the outcome. Still learning the boundaries. Thanks for the comparison is what i was thinking, i guess i need a test drive in a stock rxt

+1
    I had a Rxt before my Rxtx and the Rxtx is even better in rough water because of the trim.

Well have to say, today i tested an 11 rxt 260, it have exceptional power and it did felt heavier than my rxp, was able to cut tru wave on the chop easier. Power wise i didnt notice a huge difference i might even say my rxp and the rxt-260 have a very similar power. But to the 260 defense i realize i only rode it in touring, not in sport mode, also i didnt adjust trim for take off and wot wich i know how and do in my rxp.

Im learning to ride still, pretty new to 4tech performance but riding the 11 rxt gave me trust to keep on exploring my rxp a little longer, more riding and comparison comming up since my buddy is buying the rxt-260 tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information