Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1

Will a RXTiS overstuff and eject its rider????

HELLLLL YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Fooking OUCH. Nothing broken, but sore as hell from having my bell rung. I had the RIVA Powerfilter put on and she was faster today, so at the end of the run, I opened it up and tucked in. Right around a solid 73, she started to hop just a little bit, so I started to back off, but she decided to buck me like those pumpkin chunkin machines. Now I get to replace a set of Rx Sunglasses and take pills for a few days. That iS grate is coming off for good! I will either use my R/D or Worx. The only reason the iS grate was still on was I just got my ski back and was going to test for numbers tomorrow using all 3 grates so Speedfreaks can tune the prop. Now I aint doing shit tomorrow and ProBowl games are lame......I thought I had to go faster to get into stuffing issues, but I was going against a current, so I have to add another 1 or 2 mph since my speed was GPS measured. So I'm guessing I was closer to 75 water speed. Anyone else with a RXT or iS have this problem???

+1
    Sorry to hear, glad it was not worse.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    SHEW!!

Glad you're o.k.;
    Gettin tossed at that speed is plenty dangerous.

Relax, get better,...and change that darn grate!

Are you taking about the stock grate? Is there any issues, we are buying an 11 rxt tomorrow for my buddy and he relies on me to tell him if any news from 11 we should know, looking here for
    Overall info,

GLAD YOU ARE OK

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by azsuptt View Post
    Are you taking about the stock grate? Is there any issues, we are buying an 11 rxt tomorrow for my buddy and he relies on me to tell him if any news from 11 we should know, looking here for
    Overall info,

GLAD YOU ARE OK
    Nope. You'll be good

+1
    You should be good. I was still on the stock grate because I was going to run the ski early tomorrow and get some numbers for speed freaks. I was running up river, so I'm guessing my water speed was closer to 75. Grates are relatively inexpensive and only take moments to change. I was lucky I wasn't hurt too bad as I hit the water head first. But my head really doesn't hurt. (Neck is a bit sore though) From now on, even if it's smooth water, I'm wearing my helmet if I intend to run hard. (I wear it wave jumping)
    Quote Originally Posted by azsuptt View Post
    Overall info,

GLAD YOU ARE OK

+1
    Glad your ok!!

But I do have a question for everyone here...

I presently do not have a newer ski but am looking at getting one soon, I have ridden rxp and rxpx and have known about the bucking and overstuffing, even had a friend go to the hospital after it happened to him and his wife...

So my question is and has been since this bucking issue popped up years ago, if we know the ski does it when you dump the throttle after a WFO run, then why do people STILL dump the throttle?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Glad your ok!!

But I do have a question for everyone here...

I presently do not have a newer ski but am looking at getting one soon, I have ridden rxp and rxpx and have known about the bucking and overstuffing, even had a friend go to the hospital after it happened to him and his wife...

So my question is and has been since this bucking issue popped up years ago, if we know the ski does it when you dump the throttle after a WFO run, then why do people STILL dump the throttle?????
    I can't speak for others, but I didn't dump my throttle in this case. I had just start letting it off, but she was already hopping. I'm wondering if I should have trimmed the nozzle down and/or move my weight forward etc... Running my other Grates should get rid of the problem......cross my fingers.......

+1
    i wonder how many people have had this issue with aftermarket grates??

+1
    I have heard of a 08 RXTX stuffing hard with a RIVA plate, but can't remember a RXTis stuffing that hard, yet. Glad you are basically ok after that. When it starts hopping like that pump pressures usually are doubled in a instant and then ejection happens. Its seems to me you get a couple good hops and then the big one of course all this happens in a split second.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information