Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Supercharger Noise

Hi all, I am new to the jetskiing scence and am really enjoying it.
    I have a few questions ad any help would be apprecaited
    I purchased a 2008 RXP 215 and have put about 8hrs on it in 4 weeks.
    It now has 67hrs on it.

1. on the last ride at local lake it seemed that the
    supercharger whine is getting slightly louder. It hasn't had the upgraded
    washers done and was thinking that this might solve my problem.
    2. Top speed on dead flat water is 113km/hr but I've read that they can
    do 117km/hr in standard form.
    3. On flat out acceleration it seems to hesitate at about 104 to 106 kind
    of like a misfire before reaching 113. I've changed plugs and didn't make
    a difference.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated
    Thanking you all for you help in advance

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    If you havn't fixed the s/c washer sitch already, you should before you ride again.

My understanding is that they can go at any time; heard of them failing at 1/2 of your hours, or less.

A lil time and money now beats the snot out of ALOT of cash and time if they fail before you apply the remedy.

Thanks. I'll get that done.
    I hear that the charger needs a full rebuild at 100hrs. Would it be better and more cost effective to fit a new higher powered x-charger with the upgraded washers now instead of replacing the washers now and then rebuilding the charger in another 30hrs or so of riding??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pastitz Cutajar View Post
    Thanks. I'll get that done.
    I hear that the charger needs a full rebuild at 100hrs. Would it be better and more cost effective to fit a new higher powered x-charger with the upgraded washers now instead of replacing the washers now and then rebuilding the charger in another 30hrs or so of riding??
    Thats what i would do...Although the new rebuild kits now come with the upgraded steel clutches,so you would not have to buy the kit and clutches seperate.they all come together now..

@Snoman
    If I was to do the washers now I've been quoted $250 by Les Cook at Seadoo Center
    And a new charger fitted is $800
    What does a rebuild usually cost and would I better to just do the washers now and rebuild in a few months
    Summer is almost finished here in Australia do won't be getting close to 100hrs this season

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pastitz Cutajar View Post
    @Snoman
    If I was to do the washers now I've been quoted $250 by Les Cook at Seadoo Center
    And a new charger fitted is $800
    What does a rebuild usually cost and would I better to just do the washers now and rebuild in a few months
    Summer is almost finished here in Australia do won't be getting close to 100hrs this season
    $250.00 installed???Thats a little high IMO as Jerry replaces washers for the price of the washers and i think 50 dollars labor,what sucks is your over seas and shipping would whipe out any savings you would endure....Depending on how many hours you ride in a season,and with only 67 hours on it i would replace the clutches IF needed.BUT something tells me you dont need new clutches but maybe just a slip adjustment..What i would like to know is what your RPMs are..

I'll shop around to see if I can get a better price for them. Yeah the shipping would cancel out any savings unfortuantly. I think ill just replace the clutches too just to save having an issue very soon down the track.
    My top rpm is 8000 but I've seen it hit 8160 about three or four times which concerns me as the ski is stock and redline on them is 8000

+1
    if it were mine i'd ride it till end of season then get it rebuilt when you are done. 8000 to 8160 is perfect. hard rev limit is 8300 don't want to go over 8200... so you are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    if it were mine i'd ride it till end of season then get it rebuilt when you are done. 8000 to 8160 is perfect. hard rev limit is 8300 don't want to go over 8200... so you are good.
    The season is only about another month or so and I'm
    Assuming I'll only put on another 10hrs
    I was concerned that having the rpm hit 8160 that there was a major supercharger issue.
    What top speed could i expect from my ski? 113km/hr (about 70m/hr) just doest seem like enough.

+1
    the speedo on the dash is approx speed as a gps will give you true speed. cooler and hotter days can play a roll in you loosing 100 rpms here and there. There are other wear parts as well like the wear ring in the pump .. will cause more cavitation on take off when bad or bellow on the driveshaft.. i'd say your bellow is good from low hrs. We all tend to be a lil paranoid about the charger these days.. but they are actually pretty reliable. Ride it and enjoy it then when season is over get charger rebuilt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information