Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BYE BYE CLUTCH......37.6hrs

we went riding today planned on it being one of the last times out this season, everything was going fine burnt up about a half tank of gas, pinned the throttle and it felt hesatent wouldnt go past 7600 so i took it to the beach let it sit 15 min got back on it and it was fine 8000-8050 went all the way down to the end of the lake just fine. turned around and me and my dad sarted racing got to about 8000 for around 30-45 seconds then it felt like it fell on its face i shut it off sat there for my dad to come and get me and tow me in, it wouldnt go past 6300. not even 40 hrs come on sea doo what the the hell i mean for almost 10 grand and it dosent even last 40 hrs. at least it is the end of the season and i was taking my ski monday to get a stage 1 put on now they can put a new clutch on too. which clutch kit should i get i hear theres a new one out whats different? how about the H/D clutch set up?

+1
    The new updated clutch from Seadoo is basically a heavy duty clutch.

If the ceramic washer fell off the shaft make sure your dealer removes the engine and takes apart the oil pumps to clean out any ceramic debris.

Dave will be THRILLED to hear that,PAINKILLER!

I really NEED to get my boats out ONE MORE TIME this year to make sure everything is OK before I park them for the winter.......I haven't been out for a month now
    But then........I gots me a NEW TOY to play with

+1
    I LOVE your new toy!!!!

Hesitancy @ 7600 rpm for about 15 minutes

Our Ski was hesitant and would only rev to 7600 last weekend - until it had been running for about 15 minutes when it was happy to rev to 8000 again. At the end of the day - checked the oil and found it to be STILL overfilled by about 5mm on the stick. I had already taken out about 1/3 L last time (straight after a dealer service!!!). We used the Ski for about 2hrs after the initial hesitancy, with no problems. My question is: is 7600 rpm limit a precursor to clutch failure?. It seems strange that it only felt hesitant at 7600 rpm for a short period and then ran OK. Is it because the overfill was not too severe (having taken out the initial 1/3/ L) and it could rev once the oil was fully warm???

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    I LOVE your new toy!!!!

Thats why I haven't been around much lately!! I traded off the old SKR8PN truck that I had been builiding for this Daytona. Sort of a bittersweet thing,but it has all worked out for the best. This car is certified to go as fast as 7.50's,and has gone as quick as 9.40's with a low deck big block stroker(470 cu in) All throttle-No bottle,and STREET LEGAL! As part of the trade,I got the entire 470 engine minus the block,so guess what I been trying to get built?!! The car has a VERY MILD 440 in it now(hyd cam,cast pistons) that ran 12.0's street tires thru the mufflers two weeks ago. And that was with a VERY RUSTY driver

+1
    That is awsome!

BIC 1 i think that when my ski wouldnt rev past 7600 the clutch was hot and slipping then i took it to the beach and let it cool down for 15 min. i took it back out and it was fine till the cluth got hot agian then bang c ya clutch so i dont think 7600 rpm is a sign of clutch falire in all cases just mine. just my 2 cents though.

7600 rpm limit

thanks for that, painkiller - I guess time will tell! It will be interesting to see what happens next time out - although I will have taken some more oil out by then.
    ... Has anyone else had this - i.e. revs limited to 7600 for a while, then (apparently) total recovery when it warms up fully?

well i took my ski to the dealer and wouldnt ya know the washer fell off the shaft . they are taking my engine out and checking the oil pumps and all that good stuff, they had 4 clutch replacments this summer and im the first one with the washer off the shaft. nice ride skr8pn ill post a pic of the nova we have when i get a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information