Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTX 155 free flow exhiast/ Resinator delete

hi guys,

just bought a 05 GTX 155, last night i have installed the R&D grate and high flow air filter straight of throttle.

while everything is appart im wanting to bypass the silencer/resinator, i know fair few people do it on the supercharged models, has anyone done it to their 155 or 130 4 tech?

i know theres no pwer gains, just sound, how does it sound? and the question being NA will it actually loose power? ive read not but i thaught id ask

any feedback would be great, thaught it would be good if i done all 3 things at once before i take it out

thanks again

zac

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Zac if I remember correct,the NA manifold has the filter inside like the x manifold has.If you pull it off you will see huge gains on throttle response! I have do it on a 2007 GTI 130 and the customer thought I have change the ecu with the 155 one!

thanks for the reply, are you talking about the air filter? or exhuast resinator?

if air, where does it exactly sit in the box?manifold?

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    I have a couple of the 130hp GTi's; are there any special tools req'd to extract the SD screen in the manifold?, or is it just a matter of accessing it, and pulling it out?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    I have a couple of the 130hp GTi's; are there any special tools req'd to extract the SD screen in the manifold?, or is it just a matter of accessing it, and pulling it out?
    You can either use the RIVA manifold upgrade:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

Or you can put the TB out and try to take it out from this side.You cut the screen filter so it can be removed!This is a PITA to get it out,but,you save some cash!

Quote Originally Posted by mitsakosgt View Post
    You can either use the RIVA manifold upgrade:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=889

Or you can put the TB out and try to take it out from this side.You cut the screen filter so it can be removed!This is a PITA to get it out,but,you save some cash!

If I remove the rear resonator and run free flow on a n/a 155hp gtx will I loose power due to loss of backpressure? I want it louder but don't want sacrifice anything, just want it
    To sound a little nicer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlat46 View Post
    If I remove the rear resonator and run free flow on a n/a 155hp gtx will I loose power due to loss of backpressure? I want it louder but don't want sacrifice anything, just want it
    To sound a little nicer
    I dont think you going to loose power removing the resonator! It will be louder for sure!

I dont think you going to loose power removing the resonator! It will be louder for sure!

Sweet, I've got the grate in and bolted up the air intake of throttle, haven't started her yet, so I thought might give the zorst a shot!

I know it's not going to be major difference, but I guess that's what I've got to work with for now

Ive Only pulled of the air intake hose to the factory airbox, is the airbox hard to remove? There's no electrical stuff or anything like that attached to it? Sorry bout the stupd questions, all my other skis have been 2 strokes so I'm new to the 4 tec

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlat46 View Post
    Sweet, I've got the grate in and bolted up the air intake of throttle, haven't started her yet, so I thought might give the zorst a shot!

I know it's not going to be major difference, but I guess that's what I've got to work with for now

Ive Only pulled of the air intake hose to the factory airbox, is the airbox hard to remove? There's no electrical stuff or anything like that attached to it? Sorry bout the stupd questions, all my other skis have been 2 strokes so I'm new to the 4 tec

Thanks
    IMO dont remove the airbox assy.The tank straps are tight with it on,so when you remove it they will get loose!

IMO dont remove the airbox assy.The tank straps are tight with it on,so when you remove it they will get loose!
    No problems thanks for the tip, so would you just block off the hole with something? Just so when washing the box doesn't fill up?

I'm really keen to get the free flow exhaust I'd love to even hear one on YouTube or anywhere even if it's a 130 or 155 just so I know what in for, I love loud things so hopefully it's loud but would be nice to see, not many people waste their time on n/a but yeah have to do the basic mods just to keep me happy until I upgrade to a supercharged model one day

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information