help, 05 rxp cluster...

I have an 05 rxp which has been stored for about 6 months, i took it out the other day and noticed while in the water that only half of the cluster was working, it was only reading my rpms and the hours amd seadoo, i pulled to the marina to check the fuses but they were all good, i dont know has anybody has have this problem before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soto View Post
    I have an 05 rxp which has been stored for about 6 months, i took it out the other day and noticed while in the water that only half of the cluster was working, it was only reading my rpms and the hours amd seadoo, i pulled to the marina to check the fuses but they were all good, i dont know has anybody has have this problem before.
    Is this the digital cluster or the analogue cluster? Was it all working but the speedometer?

the digital cluster,it shows just the rpms, hours and the part were it says seadoo, it doenst show the gas or the speed, i replaced the battery, check the fuses, i dont know what else to do, i thought of buying another cluster but i dont think its the cluster, because there is no sign of water entry or anything burn.

+1
    Hmmmm, IDK then. I was thinking if it was just the speedo, then it might not be the cluster. This happened to mine and it turned out to be the sending unit for the speedo. The sending unit is the little "paddle-wheel" on the back (right side?) of the ski. You can check it visually and try to spin it by hand. If it's not jammed or otherwise turns smooth/easy, then that is likely not the problem. While the speedo isn't "super important", the gas gauge is...

Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck w/your issue...

I have a 07 rxp the gauges or cluster all the sudden the LCD on tach, speed, hours started to dissapear one digit at a time. I can see no crack. It appears in good condition. Gas and trim still show at the moment. It appears gauge is short circuiting maybe from hard wave riding.

Thread Information