Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ultra 250x steering + nose bumper

hi guys,

I have a 2007 ultra 250x and it only has 33 hours on it. The steering was fine until i trailered it to the beach, I noticed when i was about to back it in the water that the steering was stuck. It is sitting straight but i cant turn it left or right?

Is the steering cable seized? or would it be snapped?

Also im not sure which part number is the front nose cone for the ski... im just after the outer cover as we scuffed ours.

is it part number 14091-3779 or 14091-3788

Regards, Tim

+1
    Welcom to the forum

part number is
    39027-3747-6Z BUMPER-FRONT,F.BLACK

As far as your steering, has the ski sat up for a while?

thankyou for that, where the best place to purchase that front bumper as im located in Australia. I would need someone who is willing to post worldwide

yes the jetski has sat around for 9 months, but i gave it a flush prior to us leaving, the steering was also working fine prior to leaving.. but after we trailered it down the steering has gotten stuck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gt0264 View Post
    thankyou for that, where the best place to purchase that front bumper as im located in Australia. I would need someone who is willing to post worldwide

yes the jetski has sat around for 9 months, but i gave it a flush prior to us leaving, the steering was also working fine prior to leaving.. but after we trailered it down the steering has gotten stuck.
    Well that steering gremlin I will have to leave to someone that may have had that happen to them. If it worked then just all of a sudden froze like that I really don't know. I would just start on one end of the process and go from there. Find out if it is in the bearing of your steering base, the cable, or the steering nozzle.

For the nose piece, you can order it from here in our online store.
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=169&B=33

just find that part number which on that page will only be the first set of numbers. Once you enter the quantity and go to the bottom of the page and hit add to cart the remaining numbers show in the sholling cart. You can then just complete your order. Many members from all over the world purchace here.

yeah its got me stumped. I was thinking something the cable has just seized?. should i try to lubricate it?. I feel that its got to do with something with the cable, because as i try to turn it and i hold the cable in the engine bay, i can feel it moving. Maybe it seized at the back of the ski?

thanks for your help, i will order that now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gt0264 View Post
    yeah its got me stumped. I was thinking something the cable has just seized?. should i try to lubricate it?. I feel that its got to do with something with the cable, because as i try to turn it and i hold the cable in the engine bay, i can feel it moving. Maybe it seized at the back of the ski?

thanks for your help, i will order that now
    I would try to confirm what part of the system is frozen. You can lube it but if it is in the cable I would be a little concerned that there may be a bad spot in there. Best of luck with that. Keep us posted on what you find or if you even need any more help with anything.

+1
    unscrew the steering cable on the nozzle and check if it is the steering cable or the nozzle that is seized.

unscrewed the cable from the nozzle at the back, the nozzle turns fine and the cable can wiggle up and down? but when i turn the steering it still wont move. cant seem to get to that brass nut though

My 08 had that problem. You have to take the steering apart from the handle and lube it. Wish Kwai would put a zirk fitting on that. Actually I had the dealer do that and they charged $ 100 and said they had to use grinder to get the salt corrosion off the steering mechanism.

i took the steering cover off the handlebars and have seen there is A LOT of salt inside there... my bet is what your saying..

ill let you guys know but i have a feeling the salt has gotten into the steering mechanism and has seized it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information