Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Turbo Guys I have a question

Im considering putting a turbo on the ski, what size turbo's are you going with? Also what size exhaust housing are you running? I was thinking on the precision 5857, not sure on how much lag there will be with this turbo. Also what size waste gates are you using?

+1
    That turbo will work very good!! Go with a .63AR turbine housing. I use a 44mm wastegate. However I think a 38mm would be ok unless you plan on running a lower boost level it may not flow enough

+1
    I run the Precision 5857 BB with the CEA wheel, V-band I/O .82 exh, and a Tial 38mm watercooled wastegate. Its the 4"ported -S compressor housing.

I also run 9,200rpms @20Psi. It will spool before I'm all the way on plane :0

Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    I run the Precision 5857 BB with the CEA wheel, V-band I/O .82 exh, and a Tial 38mm watercooled wastegate. Its the 4"ported -S compressor housing.

I also run 9,200rpms @20Psi. It will spool before I'm all the way on plane :0
    Thats what Im talking about, I hope to push it up to 20 psi or more after some engine upgrades next winter. Do you think the watercooled wastegate is needed? what size downpipe is on that housing. I have not looked at the specs on it yet.

+1
    Ive got the tial MVR water =cooled wastegate. Will its not required to watercool it its always better to keep things as cool as possible because all that heat is trapped inside the hull under your seat. So every little bit counts. The wastegate will stay cold to the touch on my ski
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostedred View Post
    Thats what Im talking about, I hope to push it up to 20 psi or more after some engine upgrades next winter. Do you think the watercooled wastegate is needed? what size downpipe is on that housing. I have not looked at the specs on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Ive got the tial MVR water =cooled wastegate. Will its not required to watercool it its always better to keep things as cool as possible because all that heat is trapped inside the hull under your seat. So every little bit counts. The wastegate will stay cold to the touch on my ski
    \

I will have to look into those. I built a rxt for a friend a few years ago, but we used a precision with a internal gate, so I have had no experince with them.

+1
    watercooled wastegate will definately prolong the life of the diaphragm insise. My downpipe is 3" with a 3.5" waterjacket pipe over it.

watercooled wastegate will definately prolong the life of the diaphragm insise. My downpipe is 3" with a 3.5" waterjacket pipe over it.
    Sweet, any benefit to doing a way with the water box? Three inch down pipe, would that mate up to the water box or would it have to be motified? My ski is in storage and havent looked at her in a while.

+1
    Sweet, any benefit to doing a way with the water box? Three inch down pipe, would that mate up to the water box or would it have to be motified? My ski is in storage and havent looked at her in a while.
    You really don't want to run a waterbox, with a turbo. It will create lag, as any restrictions will cause a longer spool time.

It is loud, but water injected before the tip, will help some, and you could always add a free flowing muffler like Breon did with his.

post #196
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=138645&page=7

You really don't want to run a waterbox, with a turbo. It will create lag, as any restrictions will cause a longer spool time.

It is loud, but water injected before the tip, will help some, and you could always add a free flowing muffler like Breon did with his.
    Mine is already pretty stinking loud, I list it as a riva water box, but it was a custom built one for a guy that races, and there is no water being injected to it now. I will have to look at yours and see how you made your bend, I would assume the higher your turbo is, will help the angle you need to achieve in order to keep water coming back up through the exhaust when its not running. I like loud, and i would assume just like in the car world a turbo would act as some kind of muffler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information