+1

Fuel Pressure Regulator

I know most people use a R&D or Riva or whatever, but since I had a spare Mallory FPR I'm going to use that. Looking at the other kits, it looks like I'm going to need the R&D billet blockoff for the factory regulator, a bulkhead fitting for the return. I'm using -6 line, and I guess my major question is what size is the nipple on the factory fuel rail adapter? Am I going to have to use a short piece of smaller diameter tubing to use the factory connector? I don't have my ski right here to check, so any help is much appreciated.

+1
    What you're talking about is exactly what I did. I'll provide you with the link to the fitting I used as well. I used an Aeromotive 1:1 reference regulator, the R&D regulator block off(in tank) and my own AN fittings. The line to use is 6AN or 3/8". Be sure to use high pressure fuel injection line. Local AutoZone etc usually stock the dual ply reinforced hose made by Goodyear. (generally good for 250psi) I've used it before with good results. Here is the bulkhead fitting you can use. http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/670850/10002/-1 I installed it in the factory rubber cap that comes on the fuel tank as you can see. The fitting comes with a teflon gasket so it provides a good seal on the cap. Here are a few pics to give you a better idea. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    I know most people use a R&D or Riva or whatever, but since I had a spare Mallory FPR I'm going to use that. Looking at the other kits, it looks like I'm going to need the R&D billet blockoff for the factory regulator, a bulkhead fitting for the return. I'm using -6 line, and I guess my major question is what size is the nipple on the factory fuel rail adapter? Am I going to have to use a short piece of smaller diameter tubing to use the factory connector? I don't have my ski right here to check, so any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	262999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	263000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coolerinst8.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	263001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coolerinst7.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	263002  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    What you're talking about is exactly what I did. I'll provide you with the link to the fitting I used as well. I used an Aeromotive 1:1 reference regulator, the R&D regulator block off(in tank) and my own AN fittings. The line to use is 6AN or 3/8". Be sure to use high pressure fuel injection line. Local AutoZone etc usually stock the dual ply reinforced hose made by Goodyear. (generally good for 250psi) I've used it before with good results. Here is the bulkhead fitting you can use. http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/670850/10002/-1 I installed it in the factory rubber cap that comes on the fuel tank as you can see. The fitting comes with a teflon gasket so it provides a good seal on the cap. Here are a few pics to give you a better idea. I hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    I like what you did here. What did you do at the fuel rail? I relocated my R&D RRFPR to a more convenient location and didnt like putting that big of a line on the stock return fitting. I had to clamp it down quite a bit to make sure the larger hose clamped on that smaller OEM return fitting. My next steps will be to replace all the lines with AN fittings/hose.

+1
    I just used two Oetikers on the stock fittings at the fuel rail and feed off the tank. I've had absolutely no issues at all.

Thread Information