+1

Supercharger time...I think I am going to have to sale a kidney or something.

Both skis are over 100 hours and yes they have steel washers. Sence I have two skis I would rather either do it myself or take it to someone local. I can pull them no problem, its the rebuild im not sure about. So first question would be, is it price effective for me to buy tools and build them myself? If not the second question would be who in North Texas does this.....please don't say dealer.....aint happening.

Thanks,

Newcastle

+1

+1
    I know that Jerry is the best bet but I am broker than broke. As you know two skis equal double the cost...lol..400 per ski and still have an axle that need to be replace on trailer. Do you think I can get 1200 bucks for a kidney...liver aint worth squat...lol

Sell one of the skis =)

+1
    sidsol thanks for your suggestion.....

+1
    the rebuild kit alone costs 300 bucks... I think I'd try to figure out a way to get Jerry to do it... by the time you buy your tools and invest your time...

Just think of it as not riding for a weekend. I am so scared to start the season at 4 bucks a gallon for my three skis...

+1
    I hear you cigarlust. It cost me 100 bucks just to fill my truck up anymore. I know that you have to figure the price of the tools but sence I have two and a buddy or two that needs it I was wondering if it would be cost effective and or to difficult. What do I need one special tool, a vise and a torque wrench? Im sure Jerry is slapping his knee laughing at me. You will see my superchargers soon enough.....lol

+1
    OK I sold the first born and now off to Jerry with my SC. It took 30 minutes to take it off. It looks good and tight. I don't have a torque wrench to check slip but I don't have gaps in washers and it looks good for another 100 hours......not. By the way this ski has 170 hours on it and washers were installed at 12 hours. 12 hours was too much for the RXT and it went through the whole engine rebuild fun. I am pulling it soon and hoping it looks as good. The RXT has 120 hours on it and probably 60 or so on the SC after rebuild. One thing I would mention is to check your hose clamps if you have changed them. Mine were not loose but they were not tight either.
    Now off to the post office!

Thread Information