EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Not much talk about Speed Venturi?

it was a big to-do when it first got released.... i know Franks like 80 sometin MPH RXP has one i think.... otehr than that, it completely slipped my mind.... is it effective or not? at what point would you consider adding the Speed Venturi into your ski.... after which mods..

no brainers to start with are a air intake of your choice.... from there it's SOLAS, Vortech SC impeller, etc.... where would u place the venturi or is it not worth it?

+1
    I would add the venturi after all your mods are done. There are different size venturis that work best with different levels of modification. I think the best one for a Stage 1 or Level 1 would be the 81 mm.

I am using the 80.5 mm and its working well for me. It added about 1.5 mph to my top speed.

Putting the venturi on a stock ski would be a waste of money as it brings your RPM's down.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    it's jsut such a chunk of change compared to some of the other mod available... i mean for the peice of the Venturi you can buy either a Power Filter, or a SOLAS, or a nice pretty new seat cover..... there's gotta be some cheaper method to the maddness of chaning the venturi diameter by 1mm... not for 250 bucks or so w/e the price is. Unless by some remote chance more people begin buying that piece and they all consistently see 1.5-2 mph gains.

does it add to bottom end? sacrifice it?

more i think about it, the more i think bottom end power is more fun that top speed.... what are the best ways to give an RXT arm ripping power that really pop that mother outta the water? just the air kit, SOLAS, and a wedge?

are intake grates beneficial or terrible for the RXT/GTX applications? what does an intake grate do for these hulls, if anything.

So many questions, i know!! hehehe.... thanks tho to anyone that posts.

STEVE

+1
    I've got the 81mm on mine with a PPG Level 1 and some exhaust mods. I need a repitch (people are tired of hearing it) but there's nothing noticeable...at least nothing like I imagined. Jerry is right, wait till the end of the mods before you decide otherwise you won't notice where that $200+ went while riding.

You need to be running at high rpm for it to work. Like 8100 rpm it you have the level one or stock.
    I was going 7900 rpm with the 12/19.5 pitch. It drop my speed down and rpm down to 7500. PPG never told me about the rpm when I talked to them on the phone when ordering the venturi. I sent it back for a refund but I was out of $25 for shipping on their mistake.

Thread Information