Thread: Accent LED's

Accent LED's

Has anyone done this or know of some good LED's to use on a ski for accent lighting? There are a couple I think would work but wanted to get some feedback from the community if anyone used certain ones. What I wanted to do was put some flexible LED strips under the bump trim so it would shine down on the hull, it would fit. Let me make it real clear, I DO NOT want these to be able to ride at night. I don't ride at night and don't support the idea or anyone who does. Why I do want these for is to accent the ski when it is sitting on the lift in the slip at my dock with the boat at night. Something to add some ambiance to them at night when they are sitting there while hanging out at night at the marina.

+1

I saw this from the links you posted, it shows these are waterproof.

http://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Cha...056431-9189765

And this one too that replaces the drain plug, but can't find anyone that sells them.

http://www.lumishore.com/products/riblite.html

+1
    Honestly i don't know why you would want to do this. That is a nice ski. Looks good...you have done some performance upgrades. ....Lights. Really? To each his own I guess.

+1
    Honestly i don't know why you would want to do this. That is a nice ski. Looks good...you have done some performance upgrades. ....Lights. Really? To each his own I guess.

If you want a little project that shouldn't cost too much bring the ski up to date by getting rid of the purple rub rails and seat. The rub rails can easily be pulled off and painted and the seat done for however much you are willing to spend. Even paint those.

I use to work production lighting so it wouldn't look tacky, it would be more subtle. If you see my dock it would make more sense because I have it accented too. I would do it to where the actual lights would be hidden and you would just see the wash from it and like I said it would be subtle and only while sitting on the lifts with the boat. I am at the lake every weekend hanging at the dock so if were not on the water were hanging at the slip.

I like the purple actually, and the seat was just redone 3 yrs ago and it still looks brand new. I do want to replace the rails and repaint the ski. That will be something I will probably do next year since most of those decals are discontinued. Have a friend who does wraps so he is going to design me a new wrap. that will tie with the purple seat and pads but will replace the rails.

This is a boat and it's built into the rub rail but it shows the same look I am going for, but just with one color. I was just to put them under the rail. There is about a inch or so of room behind the rail where I could wash it down on the hull like shown in the video.

Even though this is a boat it shows the same looking I am looking for, but only with one color. These are built into the rail though, but on my ski it has about a inch or so behind the rail to where I could mount them and they couldn't be seen and wash it down on the hull like in the video so I can accent the skis when they are sitting on their lifts in my slip at night.

Thread Information