98 gp1200 no start??

here is my problem. pulled the ski out of storage for a potential buyer. put the battery in which is good tested good and hit the start buttom nothing?? not even a click. so i checked the fuse in the box the wires connect to ( having a brain fart) and replaced that....still nothing. hook the jumper cables up to my truck just to see... nothing. but i moved the cable on the truck around and on the cable to the ski everytime it sparked it would crank the ski??? what could be the problem. I,ve heard about the code in the dash would that be the issue. the ski ran perfect up till the day it was winterized and stored. thanks so much for the help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by reckard06 View Post
    here is my problem. pulled the ski out of storage for a potential buyer. put the battery in which is good tested good and hit the start buttom nothing?? not even a click. so i checked the fuse in the box the wires connect to ( having a brain fart) and replaced that....still nothing. hook the jumper cables up to my truck just to see... nothing. but i moved the cable on the truck around and on the cable to the ski everytime it sparked it would crank the ski??? what could be the problem. I,ve heard about the code in the dash would that be the issue. the ski ran perfect up till the day it was winterized and stored. thanks so much for the help
    New battery? Check both cables to starter and block . Replace battery if not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Briglio View Post
    New battery? Check both cables to starter and block . Replace battery if not new.
    battery is new. used one month last year and put on a battery tender in my basement over the winter. checked the cables and there tight with no corrosion or crap on them. ive checked the basics. im lost now tho

well i tried the the security code trick that i saw on another post and guess what.........FIRED RIGHT UP!!!!!!! sorry for the post but for some reason the code didnt work the first time. (probably my fault) but thanks so much

Thread Information