Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

xll-xlt performance packages

I will start talking to people about the xll-xlt performance packages. It will be on a customer to customer basis. This is not selling information i will not do that, I will discuss with the customer what he or she is looking for out of their ski and what parts are on the ski now. So that way you do not pay for parts that you might already have i thing that would be the most fare way to do this. I will let you know what needs to be on your ski for the speed you are looking to get. If you do not want to do your own jetting you can send the carb. rack to me and i will do all the necessary jetting and all you have to do is bolt it up. I can do the machining on the head. And the machining on the rideplate. Anyone who is interested can give me a call. Thank you, Jim

i have been reading about the "ff" update is this also for xlt's? because i have a riva plate modded by you.

+1
    Hello chezzy, Yes your plate can be modified to the new mod j plate.

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hey Jim, long time no talk. I know I promised I would purchase the 5 deg. nozzle from u last month however Abbott hooked me up with his used 5 degree nozzle even with the syphon tube already removed. As soon as I recieved it I noticed it wasn't a big deal to make those holes & tap them. I did it this past weekend. Let me ask u, what kind of performance is expected from this 5 deg. nozzle & no syphon tube in the way? I just finished the jetworks mod this weekend too. I don't plan on making it any faster though. Now I just plan on purchasing the nice Riva Racing seats & the HydroTurf mats. The last thing I plan on doing will be around June which I will send to u is the headwork. I think that's that.I don't wanna mess with it too much as it already has over 160 hours on it. I want to treat it right u know? Alright bro, keep in touch man.

+1
    Hello Alex, On the back to back testing i did on the xlt's going from a 3 degree's noozle to a 5 degee's. Is about .8 to 1.0 mph. faster.

Thumbs up

Sounds good to me. That should put me right there where I want it... I made up my mind that I simply don't want to make it faster than the low 60's because honestly, my whole faimly enjoys my ski during the summer & I don't want anyone to feel afraid of it. As it is, ppl were scared of my 61mph GP760 last year so making this one go any faster would just make my family not want to ride it at all. There is one reason I wanted to jump over that 60 mph barrier that I told u about, see, there's a buddy of mine (that is HUGELY misinformed & has no waverunner knowledge what-so-ever) that says that there's no other ski out there that can outrun his 2004 4-Stroke FX-HO unless it's the SeaDoo RXP.
    He states that his FX-HO runs between 64-65mph. He has yet to even GPS it. I explained to him that the guages are not accurate & that they are way off. He says that YAMAHA wouldn't sell a product unless it was at 100% & that he trusts that his ski hit's the 65mph that the cluster says. My friend with his 1050cc POLARIS & I on my GP760 were topping out right there with him last year & he flipped out. He didn't say a word. I had half his engine, half his stroke, hehe yet the same power. I try to explain to him that any stock GP1200R or a stock GP1300R will smoke him yet he sais it'll never happen.
    So the nice thing here is to atleast prove to him that hey, u need to do something about that FX of yours, come back to the 2-strokes. hehe. Don't get me wrong, those FX's are quick & I have respect towards the ski. It's the rider that I want to prove wrong. He needs to stop being stuburn. I think a stock FX-HO is for a different use all together. It's a family ski, not a racing ski. I am going to place a $20.00 bet with my other friends that this will be enough to make him go get another ski. He has mojor pride issues. hehehehe. The outcome should be interesting.

BY THE WAY, I WANT TO SEE PICS OF YOUR MONSTERS. GIVE ME HOPE MAN. I WANNA SEE WHAT THOSE MONSTERS LOOK LIKE.

Quote Originally Posted by jims 1300 View Post
    Hello Alex, On the back to back testing i did on the xlt's going from a 3 degree's noozle to a 5 degee's. Is about .8 to 1.0 mph. faster.

Jim, that sounds like a great service your offering!! A friend of mine rides a FXHO that is always asking questions but I really dont know enogh about them to give advise. If he called you would you be able to get him in the right direction? Or do you have much experience with the FXHOs?

I don't know what his FX knowledge is but if you're looking for the wizard, u've come to the right place. Not only have I spoken to him & have I bought some of his parts, I've read around the forums & this man knows waverunners. No B/S. Sometime in June I'm headed to Naples for a week & I may just keep on going North to Panama City for one weekend just to ride with him. His XLT's are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Jim, that sounds like a great service your offering!! A friend of mine rides a FXHO that is always asking questions but I really dont know enogh about them to give advise. If he called you would you be able to get him in the right direction? Or do you have much experience with the FXHOs?

He does seem very good and very nice as well. He probably has my 1300 head as we speak. If UPS did there part

+1
    Hello porksword, I am doing some testing with the FXHO ride plate once i have the testing done on a customers ski i will post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information