Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    ZeXteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    79
    +1
    1

    Lightbulb 2012 RXP-X - 80mph frontier - OVERSTUFF!!! ???

    Hello Greenhulkerss!

    I recent order one RXP-X 2012 and expect this arrive in my house, in next 10 days. I bought some performance parts and need order more and more parts to finish the 80mph-82mph project.

    I read about this have one problem - OVERSTUFF at 80mph. The same problem as see in RXP-X 2008+ - easy solved with change the OEM intake grate by works / R&D and others - and don't use Riva Intake Grate in 77+mph projects (Riva intake grate causes overstuff and have a no good aluminium - I beliave this have solution, but I have problem with one Riva Intake Grate in 2009 - broken from middle to back and damage pump shoe and plate bolts).

    What is the soluttion for the 2012 RXP-X? Any aftermarked intake grate or pump mod?

    Snoman? Eric SFreaks? Raid? Jerry? All others??

    Thank you!


  2. #2
    tweeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Denver NC
    Posts
    706
    +1
    45
    I can tell you they will not stuff at 80+ but I cant tell you about 85+

  3. #3
    Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,413
    +1
    51
    my research pointed me to r&d for my '11 px, but around 80+mph you should be adding a pressure relief setup also.

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    Hello Greenhulkerss!

    I recent order one RXP-X 2012 and expect this arrive in my house, in next 10 days. I bought some performance parts and need order more and more parts to finish the 80mph-82mph project.

    I read about this have one problem - OVERSTUFF at 80mph. The same problem as see in RXP-X 2008+ - easy solved with change the OEM intake grate by works / R&D and others - and don't use Riva Intake Grate in 77+mph projects (Riva intake grate causes overstuff and have a no good aluminium - I beliave this have solution, but I have problem with one Riva Intake Grate in 2009 - broken from middle to back and damage pump shoe and plate bolts).

    What is the soluttion for the 2012 RXP-X? Any aftermarked intake grate or pump mod?

    Snoman? Eric SFreaks? Raid? Jerry? All others??

    Thank you!

    I have a couple of customers running 82 mph on the new 2012 RXP-X and there is no sign of overstuff.
    They are using the V-tech ECU tuning and running 8700+ RPM

  5. #5
    boostedpgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida, United States
    Posts
    240
    just a fyi, when most people mention the R&D grate, they mean the regular auqavein, not the closed course. i have a closed course on my 10 px and it actually keeps the pump loaded more than the stock grate.

  6. #6
    ZeXteR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South America
    Posts
    79
    +1
    1

    Thanks Jerry and others!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I have a couple of customers running 82 mph on the new 2012 RXP-X and there is no sign of overstuff.
    They are using the V-tech ECU tuning and running 8700+ RPM
    Thanks Jerry and others!!

  7. #7
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but think about some of these guys doing the scorpion on these from stuffing. For those that dont know what that is its when the ski stuffs and plants your teeth and face into the handle bars and your feet wrap up and over your shoulders slapping your calves on top of your head giving that distint impression of a scorpion.

    Just be careful guys!

  8. #8
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but think about some of these guys doing the scorpion on these from stuffing. For those that dont know what that is its when the ski stuffs and plants your teeth and face into the handle bars and your feet wrap up and over your shoulders slapping your calves on top of your head giving that distint impression of a scorpion.

    Just be careful guys!
    Someone has to find the limit of these skis. Maybe someone knows already just not talking, yet. The next few months should be interesting with the 2012 RXPX for sure.

  9. #9
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Someone has to find the limit of these skis. Maybe someones knows already just not talking, yet. The next few months should be interesting with the 2012 RXPX for sure.
    +1 Thats the main reason I will wait to get one of these.

  10. #10
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but think about some of these guys doing the scorpion on these from stuffing. For those that dont know what that is its when the ski stuffs and plants your teeth and face into the handle bars and your feet wrap up and over your shoulders slapping your calves on top of your head giving that distint impression of a scorpion.

    Just be careful guys!
    The "Scorpion" usually occurs when doing a superman and the pump limit threshold has been reached, shoe prints on the helmet are a dead giveaway.

    The "Closeline" happens when your firmly planted on the seat and without warning the ski feels like its still tied to the dock, usually bruised or broken ribs.

    The "Yardsale" can be pretty ugly and happens when you least expect it. Sometimes the ski will actually flop to one side during the overstuff event and just spit you off to one side. This usually takes what seems to be forever to end and ripping off most of your clothes, shoes, googles, gps, gloves etc., leaving behind what I refer to as a "yardsale". This is also another reason why you shouldn't leave the dock without the camera rolling, may not be funny at the moment but I guaranty someone will laugh themself into a blackout later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New 2012 RXP 260 comparred to RXTX 260
    By driveumhard in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
  2. RIVA's 400 HP 2012 RXP-X
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 01:50 AM
  3. Anyone have any insight to the NEW 2012 RXP?
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
  4. Anyone have any insight to the NEW 2012 RXP?
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 09:14 AM
  5. RXP max mods B4 Overstuff occurs
    By Daz RXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 02:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •