Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb 2012 RXP-X - 80mph frontier - OVERSTUFF!!! ???

Hello Greenhulkerss!

I recent order one RXP-X 2012 and expect this arrive in my house, in next 10 days. I bought some performance parts and need order more and more parts to finish the 80mph-82mph project.

I read about this have one problem - OVERSTUFF at 80mph. The same problem as see in RXP-X 2008+ - easy solved with change the OEM intake grate by works / R&D and others - and don't use Riva Intake Grate in 77+mph projects (Riva intake grate causes overstuff and have a no good aluminium - I beliave this have solution, but I have problem with one Riva Intake Grate in 2009 - broken from middle to back and damage pump shoe and plate bolts).

What is the soluttion for the 2012 RXP-X? Any aftermarked intake grate or pump mod?

Snoman? Eric SFreaks? Raid? Jerry? All others??

Thank you!

+1
    I can tell you they will not stuff at 80+ but I cant tell you about 85+

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    my research pointed me to r&d for my '11 px, but around 80+mph you should be adding a pressure relief setup also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    Hello Greenhulkerss!

I recent order one RXP-X 2012 and expect this arrive in my house, in next 10 days. I bought some performance parts and need order more and more parts to finish the 80mph-82mph project.

I read about this have one problem - OVERSTUFF at 80mph. The same problem as see in RXP-X 2008+ - easy solved with change the OEM intake grate by works / R&D and others - and don't use Riva Intake Grate in 77+mph projects (Riva intake grate causes overstuff and have a no good aluminium - I beliave this have solution, but I have problem with one Riva Intake Grate in 2009 - broken from middle to back and damage pump shoe and plate bolts).

What is the soluttion for the 2012 RXP-X? Any aftermarked intake grate or pump mod?

Snoman? Eric SFreaks? Raid? Jerry? All others??

Thank you!

I have a couple of customers running 82 mph on the new 2012 RXP-X and there is no sign of overstuff.
    They are using the V-tech ECU tuning and running 8700+ RPM

just a fyi, when most people mention the R&D grate, they mean the regular auqavein, not the closed course. i have a closed course on my 10 px and it actually keeps the pump loaded more than the stock grate.

+1

Thanks Jerry and others!!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I have a couple of customers running 82 mph on the new 2012 RXP-X and there is no sign of overstuff.
    They are using the V-tech ECU tuning and running 8700+ RPM
    Thanks Jerry and others!!

+1
    Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but think about some of these guys doing the scorpion on these from stuffing. For those that dont know what that is its when the ski stuffs and plants your teeth and face into the handle bars and your feet wrap up and over your shoulders slapping your calves on top of your head giving that distint impression of a scorpion.

Just be careful guys!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Every time I see one of these threads I cant help but think about some of these guys doing the scorpion on these from stuffing. For those that dont know what that is its when the ski stuffs and plants your teeth and face into the handle bars and your feet wrap up and over your shoulders slapping your calves on top of your head giving that distint impression of a scorpion.

Just be careful guys!
    Someone has to find the limit of these skis. Maybe someone knows already just not talking, yet. The next few months should be interesting with the 2012 RXPX for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Someone has to find the limit of these skis. Maybe someones knows already just not talking, yet. The next few months should be interesting with the 2012 RXPX for sure.
    +1 Thats the main reason I will wait to get one of these.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post

Just be careful guys!
    The "Scorpion" usually occurs when doing a superman and the pump limit threshold has been reached, shoe prints on the helmet are a dead giveaway.

The "Closeline" happens when your firmly planted on the seat and without warning the ski feels like its still tied to the dock, usually bruised or broken ribs.

The "Yardsale" can be pretty ugly and happens when you least expect it. Sometimes the ski will actually flop to one side during the overstuff event and just spit you off to one side. This usually takes what seems to be forever to end and ripping off most of your clothes, shoes, googles, gps, gloves etc., leaving behind what I refer to as a "yardsale". This is also another reason why you shouldn't leave the dock without the camera rolling, may not be funny at the moment but I guaranty someone will laugh themself into a blackout later.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information