engine mounts, how many shims do they have from the factory? fx140

hi, i been solving this problem from time now, i would like to ask for help on my midshaft, I think it isn't aligned well to the pto because of the bolts coming loose, i was thinking caused my the engine mount shims? i never put one, so how many shims really the back and the front mount have? and how thick is the shims? thanks

+1
    The amount of shims will vary and no two skis will be the same. Some will have no shims, some will have one, some may even have two. It just depends on how many they needed when doing the alignment at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The amount of shims will vary and no two skis will be the same. Some will have no shims, some will have one, some may even have two. It just depends on how many they needed when doing the alignment at the factory.
    ok, so what is the best way to align the couplers? the midshaft is affecting too much on my skii, after the midshaft came loose, water gets inside the skii and damage the engine of sucking water..

+1
    Here's a good how-to. Obviously for a SJ but it's the same process for any yamaha ski.

thank you much great help!

+1
    No problem Andy. If you have water coming in from the midshaft, you should check to make sure the bearing hasn't failed. I pumped too much grease into mine once & blew out a seal, allowing the grease to leak out. That let water get to the sealed bearing & corroded it until it disintegrated. It's also possible for the brass inserts in the midwall that secure the midshaft bolts to pull out from water pressure on the back of the housing. That will allow water to leak past the rubber seal between the midwall & inter housing.

See post 25 & you'll see what I did on mine to prevent that:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=138036&page=3

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    No problem Andy. If you have water coming in from the midshaft, you should check to make sure the bearing hasn't failed. I pumped too much grease into mine once & blew out a seal, allowing the grease to leak out. That let water get to the sealed bearing & corroded it until it disintegrated. It's also possible for the brass inserts in the midwall that secure the midshaft bolts to pull out from water pressure on the back of the housing. That will allow water to leak past the rubber seal between the midwall & inter housing.

See post 25 & you'll see what I did on mine to prevent that:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=138036&page=3
    water is going inside because of the midshaft bolts loose, because of the vibration maybe thanks

Thread Information