Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation SC Wheels which is ideal?

hey guys
    i am now bored of my stock sc wheel and want to upgrade.
    i wanted to start up a post on sc wheels so we can all have an idea of what to get, what setups are best for each wheel and what reflash do you need for each wheel.

+1
    I love my ET low boost with the R2. Runs great, lots of power and goes 83 + with a full tank.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    I love my ET low boost with the R2. Runs great, lots of power and goes 83 + with a full tank.
    That is a great combo got an r2 fs that is all you need for fuel ready to go

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hdlefler View Post
    i have one question does the et low boost dont make that surge sound , like the E1 and the other big wheel? I have run the E1 wheel with the r2 and is short on fuel, is better to have the r3.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KostaSHO View Post
    hey guys
    i am now bored of my stock sc wheel and want to upgrade.
    i wanted to start up a post on sc wheels so we can all have an idea of what to get, what setups are best for each wheel and what reflash do you need for each wheel.
    There are a few good setups out there. I guess the first thing you want to think about is what fuel type do you want to run. If you want to stay with a pump gas setup, you want to stay under 16lbs. for reliability. If that is what you are after, I run the R&D C3-11 with the R3 reflash and I really like that setup. It is strong but smooth all the way through. No vibrations, surging or any other issues that you hear may about with some of the other wheels out there. There are a bunch of guys that have had good luck with some of the ET and Riva wheels as well. Most will be running the R2 or R3 reflash with those wheels on pump gas. I also am running RC2 cams and adj. gears so I get better performance from that than just the C3/R3 with stock cams and gears but I did run that setup without the cams and gears for weeks and it ran very well and felt very good. The C1 is a lower boost wheel but IMHO, if you are going to add a wheel, go at least to a 13-14lb wheel to gain what you are most likely looking for. There is a significant difference in power output between the C1 and C3 and both are pump gas reliable with the R3 reflash. The best thing to do is to search and read what type of speeds and feel people are getting with the various wheels available and that should help narrow down which direction you will want to go.

well i have the r2 reflash but ive got a Fuel Pressure Reg i know it was a waste of getting it but it might come in handy now. plus i always run 98 oct. so it doesnt bother me.

+1
    you will use the fuel pressure regulator now

+1
    I run the R3 paired w/ the ET low boost wheel (no RRFPR or powershot) and am happy with both the performance, AFRs across the band and reliability of the setup.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    I run the R3 paired w/ the ET low boost wheel (no RRFPR or powershot) and am happy with both the performance, AFRs across the band and reliability of the setup.
    Correct r2 will do the same fuel. Some of the older r2s needed some fuel adder. R2 is just a tick more rpms like about 50 in some cases but still pump gas safe. c3 is a great wheel. Low Boost has little to no surge and later verision r2 or r3 either will run great fuel wise with stock to low boost and anywhere inbeteen.Big intercooler and more than the lb and you need more fuel,smaller inter cooler maybe not.

+1
    Choosing a wheel kinda depends on how far you're willing to go with supporting mods & how much reliability & rideability you're willing to sacrifice for more performance. For example, most people who've run stock & C1 wheels have had pretty good reliability with clutches. Low boost wheels like the C3 & ET burn them a little faster, & 15+psi wheels eat them for lunch, meaning you'll definately need something like the Riva dampener or R&D superclutch. There's been quite a bit of debate as to when you need bigger injectors, but with higher boost wheels it seems most agree it's a necessary upgrade. You won't have any surge with the low boost wheels(C1, C3, ET), but the skis I've ridden with bigger wheels, the surge was annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jetpilot785 View Post
    If you want to stay with a pump gas setup, you want to stay under 16lbs. for reliability...
    Huh??? Where are you getting this? Not saying high boost setups won't affect reliability in other ways, but I know plenty of people who are running 18-20+ psi on pump gas with no signs of detonation. The R&D reflashes with more timing like the R3 are boost refernced to pull timing at higher boost levels to keep them pump gas safe.

There is a significant difference in power output between the C1 and C3 and both are pump gas reliable with the R3 reflash
    It's not as "significant" as you might think. I ran a C1 for 100 hours & after bumping up to the C3 with a bigger intercooler I was a little disappointed in the gains. It was nowhere near the differnce going from the stock to C1 wheel. I'm likely going to trade out for the ET low boost to get a little more juice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information