Poquoson Virginia

They're Everywhere!

I went out for a little while on my jet ski off of Virginia Beach and experienced all the weather conditions possible. Calm seas at first, then drizzle and steady rain. A wind shift with gust up to 25 knots. Then the sun came out nicely, all in about 2 hours.
    I had no luck on the Striped Bass nor did I see or hear of one caught. I friend of mine on the blue Hydra Sports did have brief hook up with a Blue Fin Tuna that hit like a freight train and broke the line after a ten minute battle.
    The phenom off of the Virginia coast continues, every direction I looked I could see some either close by or off in the distance. It has made all my trips even more exciting. If you do not have a boat then you should take one of the whale watching tours from the Virginia Aquarium or the Rudee Flipper. A ten minute ride and you are guaranteed to see what is a once in a life time memory for many.
    Here are some pictures. The whale breaching was way off so it is fuzzy.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    MSRC RELENTLESS - What does she do?

St. Amant, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by raceneked View Post
    MSRC RELENTLESS - What does she do? Seems to be a privately owned vessel that does work involving oil spills on the ocean's surface. MSRC = Marine Spill Response Corp.

Bend OR
    That sub was cool. I have never seen one in person. Must be impressive.

Thread Information