Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hull damage

i hate my bipolar disorder its great
    +1

hull damage

lent my ski to a mate on friday afternoon, all going well untill he came into the shore shit him self got off the gas and went up on some rocks...
    struck the rocks around 20-30km and was clean out the water, not happy but shit happens.
    loads of scratches, few small areas where the gelcoat is missing but on the front about 800mm from the nose-ish theres two puncher marks... say if someone put a hammer threw it thats how it would look.
    other then that boat was about 30m from the ramp and was removed very quickly and any water was drained. still runs fine no damage to anything internal didnt suck anything up the pump or ride plate
    not a great deal of water got in which is positive the other positive is that i have insurance - club marine

atm it got a heat lamp under it hopefully drying out any remaining water

anyway whats the general approach when it comes to repairing this sort of damage.
    im pretty handy with fiberglass but having insurance it is going to go threw them
    i doubt its a write off? but not really sure, the purchase price was just short of 11k so i doubt they would want to pay me out if it could be repaired for $4000-$5000 worst case

anyway any advice tips anything would be great, btw im in melbourne australia so if anyone knows of anyone local who is decent
    cheers

+1
    try give nick at rye jet ski a call he does good work going to take my rxt there soon

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    lent my ski to a mate on friday afternoon, all going well untill he came into the shore shit him self got off the gas and went up on some rocks...
    struck the rocks around 20-30km and was clean out the water, not happy but shit happens.
    loads of scratches, few small areas where the gelcoat is missing but on the front about 800mm from the nose-ish theres two puncher marks... say if someone put a hammer threw it thats how it would look.
    other then that boat was about 30m from the ramp and was removed very quickly and any water was drained. still runs fine no damage to anything internal didnt suck anything up the pump or ride plate
    not a great deal of water got in which is positive the other positive is that i have insurance - club marine

atm it got a heat lamp under it hopefully drying out any remaining water

anyway whats the general approach when it comes to repairing this sort of damage.
    im pretty handy with fiberglass but having insurance it is going to go threw them
    i doubt its a write off? but not really sure, the purchase price was just short of 11k so i doubt they would want to pay me out if it could be repaired for $4000-$5000 worst case

anyway any advice tips anything would be great, btw im in melbourne australia so if anyone knows of anyone local who is decent
    cheers
    I know a few people who do this stuff for a living. pm me i can ref you to someone close to you. nick in rye is ok but i would go there if i was in rye when it happened and was desprete.

+1
    cheers for the replies whats the go, will the motor have to come out and seperate the lower hull etc?

no they they filp it on its side dont strees man

+1
    cheers for the replies whats the go, will the motor have to come out and seperate the lower hull etc?

+1
    lent my ski to a mate
    99% of these stories start with those words...

+1
    For sure. My old ski. Sorry to hear mate. You'd want to give Seadoo Centre or Melbourne Seadoo a call tommorrow and see who they recommend a little closer to home.

If the damage is that bad then you'd think that the motor may have to come out but if the breaches in the hull are up the front near the nose then it would already be accessible and you'd think it would be alright. Make sure the whole bottom of the hull gets re-painted and not just the damaged areas.

Doesnt your mate know how to ride?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    99% of these stories start with those words...
    its an expensive lesson however he is covering all costs and has helped out as much as possible

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXP View Post
    For sure. My old ski. Sorry to hear mate. You'd want to give Seadoo Centre or Melbourne Seadoo a call tommorrow and see who they recommend a little closer to home.

If the damage is that bad then you'd think that the motor may have to come out but if the breaches in the hull are up the front near the nose then it would already be accessible and you'd think it would be alright. Make sure the whole bottom of the hull gets re-painted and not just the damaged areas.

Doesnt your mate know how to ride?
    yeah massive shame, not written off by the looks around $2500-$3000k damage, all effected areas are going to be ground back and repaired with expoxy and the underside resprayed with gelcoat said i wanted the sides etc done too not sure how keen he was... but in any case should look like new might order new stickers etc for it now... in other news my et137 compressor wheel rocked up today!

all the breaches are in the front everything else is just scratches, most of the impact on the nose... he was more worried if it took on loads of water for potential engine damage, no way prob only took on 10L max had it out again very fast and it runs perfect, as you would know the air filter is up nice and high way from any potential water ingress

hopefully have her back and screaming across the water soon, hopefully 3-4 weeks

also as i side note have you any idea on what type of washers are on the x-charger? being your old baby.

does he know how to ride... well he thought he did came in abit fast shit him self got of the gas... and well the rest is history and a rather large hole i his pocket

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information