Candoopro & 2012 Jetski's

Does anyone know if the candoopro will support the 2012 seadoo jetski's? I heard they switched from Siemens to a Bosch ECU this model year. Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by viTRifY13 View Post
    Does anyone know if the candoopro will support the 2012 seadoo jetski's? I heard they switched from Siemens to a Bosch ECU this model year. Thanks!
    Yes. It supports both types of ECU's.

It will support the 2012's and we are currently working on them. They switched some to bosch in 2010, we currently support up to and including 2011.

Hey Dennis, any update as to when candoopro will support the 2012 jetski's? Picking my machine up in the next couple of weeks and would like to order the candoopro as soon as I know it'll be compatible (or know that the hardware won't change in order for it to be compatible with the Bosch ecu).

Thanks!

We have made the software changes to support the 2012 Sea Doo models, but we haven't pushed out the software update yet because the next update has a MAJOR amount of new stuff that we are testing out right now. The most significant change is support for other brands. The first on the list is Yamaha diagnostics, followed by Kawasaki support in about a month and a half. (Yes, I know that this is the Sea Doo section and just saying this might be heresy to some, but there are a number of guys here that have other brands...)

Our hardware already supports the new 2012 Sea Doo models; it will only be a software update for the 2012 models. (the Yamaha and Kawasaki will require new cables, but no change to the base Candoopro hardware box) So if you bought the system now, it will be compatible when we push out the new update. (Getting new updates is simple, when you start up the program and are connected to the internet, the program will automatically check for new updates and install them)

We will be putting up an announcement here in the next several weeks when it is ready.

I saw you mentioned being compatible with Yamaha's YDS software... Will your software contain the functionality that will allow a user to program new keyfobs to a ski?

Quote Originally Posted by treemoney View Post
    I saw you mentioned being compatible with Yamaha's YDS software... Will your software contain the functionality that will allow a user to program new keyfobs to a ski?
    The Yamaha YDS (Yamaha Diagnostic System) does not have capability to program new key fobs. Both the Yamaha and Kawasaki immobilizer systems use the same principle for programming keys. They both use a hardware device that plugs into the harness for programming new keys/remotes. We are looking into the possibiliy of our hardware replicating this feature in the future, but it will not be in the initial release of the diagnostic capability.

Thread Information