Thread: GTi Oil Pump Maintenance
02-05-2012, 05:08 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Wichita, KS
GTi Oil Pump Maintenance
I have a 2000 GTi with a 717 engine. At the end of last season there was always oil in the bilge after a ride (maybe 1/8 cup). I intend to replace my oil lines before spring but I also worry about the oil pump itself. I have a few questions?
1) How long before the oil pumps start to fail?
2) Can the pump be tested to determine remaining life?
3) Is there a way to rebuild oil pumps or some other preventative maintenance?
4) Can the oil pump be replaced without pulling the engine?
5) Is there a good sticky thread on oil pumps?
02-05-2012, 06:02 PM #2
02-06-2012, 10:15 AM #3
replace the tank with a seamless one...
i probably have one available, since i always premix, i always end up with tanks, and I throw away all the seamed ones...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By smittyks in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 09-22-2014, 04:02 PM
By wakejumper48 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 09-19-2010, 06:23 AM
By asaberan in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
By Mavischild in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-28-2009, 06:37 AM
By Cobra Marty in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-04-2008, 07:54 AM