Thread: V-Tech Stage III results
02-05-2012, 06:04 PM #1
V-Tech Stage III results
It's been a while that I've had the V-Tech Stage III on my ski and I wasn't quite sure I was ready to endorse it just yet from my past experiences with it. I even tried another flash in effort to solve my problem. I searched online here and have yet to find really any proving results...which led me to be even more skeptical. Now I can tell you from my experience...the tune WORKS.
As seen in this topic, I questioned the routing of the reference lines to the BOV, FPR and boost gauge all tapped off of the stock MAP sensor reference. With that said, I wasn't quite ready to settle with what I was experienceing. After the changes I made, the V-Tech has my 100% approval. This topic will explain it in detail the changes I made that allowed me to finally voice my opinion. Here is the topic I posted regarding it... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=170149
Well today I was able to test the ski after the changes were made. NIGHT AND DAY difference regarding how the ski responded to not only the tune, but the reference line solution as well. Prior to making these changes, my air fuel would vary from run to run and day to day and I was always questioning the tune. My rpms would fluctuate and I was looking for my source of loss power...getting frustrated to be quite honest. I was constantly adjusting the fuel pressure regulator trying to dial in the AFR's, which seemed impossible and changing constantly under boost.
Since I made the changes the AFR is rock solid and the ski reponds unbelievably different that what it did before. It literally feels like it could sling you off the back or dislocate something if you're not prepared for it. I locked the regulator at 52psi ran it rising rate and launched the ski. Where at this psi before, my AFR was all over the place. Mostly in the 12's under full boost. The ski idles high twelves low 13's, all in vacuum it moves to the mid to low 13's, as soon as it's under boost it drops to low 12's up to about 5lbs then the AFR progressively gets lower with boost. Roughly 15psi on the ET15.5 at WOT I was seeing 11.4-11.7 . As soon as the ski gets near 8lbs the AFR locks in the mid 11 range and stays rock solid. This is all strictly the V-Tech, no powershot etc.
I wasn't able to get any friends to go with me and the area I rode really doesn't have any boat traffic so I locked the ski down with the tabs for my own safety and went by myself. I can honestly say this is the first time I really came away really seeing the ski's potential as a result of it's consistency now. With the boat locked down, near 80% humidity I made a few quick hits. The ski ran 92.9mph sitting straight up on the seat at roughly 8500rpm. I know I can drop fuel pressure and run a little leaner, pull the tabs up some and change nozzles now and gain some respectable mph. I have a couple other changes being made in the near future that should really help the boat with speed. It's been 94.3mph in good air with the old setup and this V-Tech tune before it was ever really right. I think just in the same conditions with the setup now it should easily surpass that. With the changes coming, I would disappointed if it never ran a noticeable amount faster. I feel sure this stock SHO motor and GPR hull combination can run some big mph once I get it dialed in.
With all that said...I just wanted to put it out there for Jerry, Josh and the guys at V-Tech now that I see how well the ski performs and how much potential it now has with this tune. I won't lie, I had my doubts and was getting frustrated. There is not a doubt in my mind now that this tune will be the tune I continue to chase my quest for mph with.
Here is the video I made regarding the changes and routing of the reference lines.
I feel the R&D multiport adapter is a neat item and works great with a FPR and boost gauge. However, I do not suggest it to reference the BOV, MAP sensor, FPR and boost gauge. Whether or not it's working or worked for guys in the past, I can tell you from my experience that the stock 4mm supply line cannot efficiently reference all my equipment effectively off of one small vacuum/manifold pressure source.
Again, thanks to Jerry, Josh and the guys with V-tech to work so much with me with this tune. I couldn't be more pleased at this point with their dedication and trying to tailor it to my needs. I have to say, it all came back to how the tune was initially setup by V-tech that gave me the best and most consistent results.
02-05-2012, 06:13 PM #2
02-05-2012, 07:00 PM #3
Sweet! And at 8500.
I want one.
02-05-2012, 07:45 PM #4
Glad you got it all figured out buddy. I only run my boost pressure sending unit off the R&D distribution block. I tapped the manifold for the reference line to the BOV.
02-05-2012, 10:38 PM #5
02-05-2012, 10:59 PM #6
Glad you got it figured out. I am currently using the R&D Multi-port adaptor for my boost gauge and BOV....Everything has been working fine, but it looks like I will be tapping the manifold when it comes out for my IC install, just to be safe. Good work. Thanks!
02-06-2012, 03:52 AM #7
Nice work champion!!!
Ive got a Stage 4 Vtech waiting for use in my GPR SHO.
02-06-2012, 09:00 AM #8
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM #9
Very good results Keith. I'm glad you got it sorted out. Josh should have told you long ago to drill/tap for the BOV port
02-06-2012, 06:08 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By SHOdude in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 51Last Post: 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM
By 1_Fast_SHO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 36Last Post: 08-20-2011, 09:02 PM
By qatar2000kk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 17Last Post: 04-26-2007, 12:28 AM
By Alex13 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 26Last Post: 10-23-2006, 05:21 PM
By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 06-18-2005, 06:54 PM