Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

RXPX 260 First 2 Hours DONE!

Hi All, I've been lurking around for quite some time...thought I'd finally try to contribute.

Well the wait for me is over . After putting my deposit down on it months ago it finally came in just before the Jax, FL boat show. Timing worked out well as I received an additional 2 years warranty as a boat show promotion.

Anyways, here are my impressions;

My primary ski for the last 2 years has been my 2010 RXTX 260 and a 2002 XP mostly all ocean riding about 72 hours on the clock.

First off, no error codes. No popped off IC hoses. What a relief from my previous experience of breaking in my RXTX.

Once up to temperature I gave it some gas to get it up on plane for the 1st time (about 30mph) and the ski was leaning to the left. I shifted my weight to compensate then it leaned to the right. Iím thinking a oh my steering is out of wack. But it was just me. Ok so it takes a little balance. I guess Iíve gotten soft riding the RXTX, that thing is like a Cadillac in the water. Any ways after about 30 minutes I adjusted and forgot about it. I spent the rest of the time going up and down through the revs, doing some moderately aggressive turns. The two hours seemed like at least 5Öwe all know how this goes.

It seemed to handle the chop very wellÖnot like the RXTX but still very good considering the radical changes to the bottom. The handling is incredible, itís like the next generation XP finally arrived!

I saw about 6800ish revs at blips of full throttle, the computer is defiantly limiting things. The acceleration seems crisper than the rxtx(still a little early to tell for sure)Öbut Iíll have to ride them back to back once itís broken in.

On a side note, there was no water in the hull. Suprising considering how much gets into the RXTX just from normal riding around.

One thing I found maybe that I miss is the adjustable steering(up/down) of the RXTX, the steering seems to be at a good angle and the ski seems to fit me very well (I'm 5'8ish). When I was standing up I felt a little more leaned forward than I'm used to on the RXTX but not a big deal.

All I can say is the decision is a no brainer as far as Iím concerned. I know once I finish the break in and get this thing in the ocean, it's going to be so much more fun than the RXTX in the surf.

If youíre looking for one I recommend getting a deposit in somewhere asap. Supply sounds like it will be pretty limited. I got the 1st one in Jax. The dealer should be getting 5 more in a few months but that is it probably for the year. I guess Sea-Doo wants to gauge how popular it is.

Iím hoping to put in a about 3 more hours this week and be out in the ocean by the weekend and Iíll report back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0458.jpg 
Views:	1639 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	263481

+1
    You make me want to trade mine in...

+1
    Congrats on the new ski! I might look into one soon....

Dont baby it! WOT for 30sec-1min at a time will help properly seat the rings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    Congrats on the new ski! I might look into one soon....

Dont baby it! WOT for 30sec-1min at a time will help properly seat the rings.
    The ecu on these new skis limits the rpms for the first 5 hrs.

congrats man. i was just looking at yours at the boat show. where do you ride at?

+1
    Thats one sexy machine.

I would be wary of strapping the back of the ski down like you have. I would think it will damage your paint at the back there.

I was kind of wondering that about the steering. I'm also about 5'8" and I was curious if the bars would be too low without AES. I'm glad you can still change them a little though with allen keys.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    You make me want to trade mine in...
    Sorry The 260 RXTX is a fine ski...I wouldn't sweat it. Iím real curious how the new ski will compare blasting through the ocean. I think in the surf it will be more fun just because it seems more agile and likes to turn. Hopefully I find out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedpgt View Post
    congrats man. i was just looking at yours at the boat show. where do you ride at?
    Thanks! So that was you sitting on my ski... Kids were crawling all over it, I tried not to look. Oh well, if thatís the worst that ever happens to it, Iím doing good.

I mostly ride out of Mayport Marine to Huguenot park area. Mostly ocean riding, some trails depending on high tide and how busy it is. But now that I have a single trailer again I may mix it up in some other areas especially before summer kicks in and it gets real busy. My good friend that normally goes with me just got married. He's still in the honey moon stage and complains of the freezing cold 70 degree weather we are having...lol. I'm not a big fan of riding in the ocean alone. Case in point, I spun the prop on the spline of my RXTX at 67ish hours(bad shaft design(something about the hardening process). We had to tow it in with my 10 year old XP a couple miles home riding two up through heavy surf and the mouth of the jetties, toe line broke twice (not fun). PM me your info and I'll let you know next time I head out.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Thats one sexy machine.
    I would be wary of strapping the back of the ski down like you have. I would think it will damage your paint at the back there.
    Got ya covered. Dealer towed it back and forth to the boat show like thatÖlol. I immediately removed that and used two of my ratchet straps in an X pattern to both the hooks on the back of the boat to the trailer.

Love the I-catch trailer, but still building confidence in the system. It has a safety wire in the frontÖbut it is a PIA. When I launched the first time it felt like I was shot into the water. I was a little too close to the dock and almost scratched the hell out of it on some barnacles. Driving back on was real nice, it just locked in. I still wrap my rope around the front of the I-Catch mechanism, just as an extra safety measure when putting in/pulling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackops View Post
    I was kind of wondering that about the steering. I'm also about 5'8" and I was curious if the bars would be too low without AES. I'm glad you can still change them a little though with allen keys.
    Looks like you can rotate the grips and make the wider, but you canít move the column back and forth. I never did feel the need to adjust my RXTX wider, but moving the column full up is nice for standing. Probably a reliability issue for racing.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

I mostly ride out of Mayport Marine to Huguenot park area. Mostly ocean riding, some trails depending on high tide and how busy it is. But now that I have a single trailer again I may mix it up in some other areas especially before summer kicks in and it gets real busy. My good friend that normally goes with me just got married. He's still in the honey moon stage and complains of the freezing cold 70 degree weather we are having...lol. I'm not a big fan of riding in the ocean alone. Case in point, I spun the prop on the spline of my RXTX at 67ish hours(bad shaft design(something about the hardening process). We had to tow it in with my 10 year old XP a couple miles home riding two up through heavy surf and the mouth of the jetties, toe line broke twice (not fun). PM me your info and I'll let you know next time I head out.
    lol, i didn't sit on it, but i wanted too. i am over in ortega and i always ride in the ortega river. i have seen 2 rxt-x out there before, i was wondering if that was you. i haven't been out to huguenot yet, like i said i am over in ortega and my truck only gets like 10mpg, so i haven't made to drive out there yet. let me know if you want to ride some nice calm water over here. i work midnights, so i can ride just about any afternoon. i go out all of the time during the week and the river is damn near empty.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Looks like you can rotate the grips and make the wider, but you can’t move the column back and forth. I never did feel the need to adjust my RXTX wider, but moving the column full up is nice for standing. Probably a reliability issue for racing.
    Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking that it was mainly done for racing reasons but most of them replace the bars anyways.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information