More fuel range for f-15x

Going back to lake Powell this summer and we want longer than stock range. We already have a set of pak racks and normal 5-6 gallon gas cans. Just wanted to know if anyone had a conformal tank for the footwells? or something else unusual. Any off shore race guys around? Need two setup's as I have two f-15x's. Lots of reserve weight capacity as we will be singles on both machines. Need twenty+ gallons additional on each for 300 mile range each to run the San Juan river to the end. Skis get 7mpg at cruse. Stock tank is 18 gallons. I know it's crazy but so?

+1
    I'm not sure what you meant by "pak racks", but this will def. get the job done - it's what it was designed for.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117108

Additionally, there are set-ups that the offshore guys use where they install an extra fuel cell in the forward compartment (I think). But I think that is also a more pricier option... not sure though.

Would be interested in reading a post if you're doing a long distance ride or multi-day trip. Good luck,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caflashbob View Post
    Going back to lake Powell this summer and we want longer than stock range. We already have a set of pak racks and normal 5-6 gallon gas cans. Just wanted to know if anyone had a conformal tank for the footwells? or something else unusual. Any off shore race guys around? Need two setup's as I have two f-15x's. Lots of reserve weight capacity as we will be singles on both machines. Need twenty+ gallons additional on each for 300 mile range each to run the San Juan river to the end. Skis get 7mpg at cruse. Stock tank is 18 gallons. I know it's crazy but so?
    Let me know what you end up doing. I plan on doing a multi-day trip on lake powell later this year or next and am hoping to hear what you come up with. The pvc pipe gas can holders look like a good solution, but there are other factors to consider like a porta-potty and how to keep tents and sleeping bags dry. You may just be planning a one day trip, in which it is considerably easier for you. Make sure you top off at dangling rope marina. I'm jealous. Sounds fun.

Thread Information