speedster 200 310 hp vs 430 hp

Alright guys I'm going to move from a rxp to a speedster 200. I have looked at them and read all the reviews. Speed isnt everything but I do want the boat to be fun and accelerate well. I know the 430 hp is about 5 to 8 mph faster but does it pull much harder that the twin 155's? I know im spoiled by the performance of my rxp but I mean will the speedster put you back in your seat pretty good? And if there is not much difference in acceleration I'll just save the money and get at speedster with twin 155's where I wont have to worry about superchargers and get better gas milage. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Lake rat RXP View Post
    Alright guys I'm going to move from a rxp to a speedster 200. I have looked at them and read all the reviews. Speed isnt everything but I do want the boat to be fun and accelerate well. I know the 430 hp is about 5 to 8 mph faster but does it pull much harder that the twin 155's? I know im spoiled by the performance of my rxp but I mean will the speedster put you back in your seat pretty good? And if there is not much difference in acceleration I'll just save the money and get at speedster with twin 155's where I wont have to worry about superchargers and get better gas milage. Thanks guys

cant believe you have to ask. HUGE difference in pull. I have a 430 now that I am building to the 510 spec and then some. I sell boats for a living and love all kinds of boats. Some people dont like the speedster I love it. Its fast turns on a dime and fun!

I have had them both, even a 370. The 430 is crazy fun. I have a 2008 now w/tower I think they look better w/o it but it's function. As I remember the 310 ran mid 50's and the 430 shows 65 on the speedo (no gps) we just got it, so I will do that after break in. Mid throttle punch and you are moving! There is a reason you have a rxp vs a base model ski. So I would go big. I can't imagine 510hp. I think the Speedster 200 is cool and fast even on the trailer. Gas prices are gonna kill us anyway, Good luck.

I've got the 08 / 430. Its plain and simple a ton of fun. I've been screwin around with jet skis and they are amazed to see this boat keep up and then the fun part is hitting a turn and takin em in the corners. The speed is one thing but the handling in the water is just bleeping awesome. This thing grabs and goes and that is where I get the most out it.

On the low end there really isn't a big difference out of the hole. You get maybe 5-8 on the top end speed as you mentioned. It pulls like like a rented mule. Family has a Yamaha and he can tell the difference from his 210. I haven't seen a 510 out on the lake we hang at. I'd like to to see how they measure up. My gut tells me that is just "Mine is bigger than yours" argument.

Thanks for all your info guys, I think I've got a deal put together on a 08 430. I'm really looking foward to moving into the speedster from my RXP, plus as mentioned it seems like the 430 will still be faster than alot of jet skis out there As far as the 510s I bet they do run very well, I plan on upgrading to X chargers in a year or two lol.

08/430, You got a depth finder on it? If so, is it Seadoo? P/N? Dealer says they arent available. I know they were on my 04' and 05' and They were standard 2009 or 2010 till now. Any ideas? I dont mind putting something else in if BRP doesnt have one at all.

Thread Information