Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

whats the coldest weather you have ever ridden in?

What is the coldest air/water you have ever ridden in? I will go first. I took a short test run on my Pro 1200 yesterday. Air was 38 and water was somewhere between 33 and 37. A few fishermen coming in said water was 34. Full wet suit with a sweatshirt and windbreaker was warm enough, however my hands got too cold to keep riding.

+1

+1
    Two years ago, I put my Pro away late in the year. Not sure what the water temp was, but I know is was snowing. I had a full wet suit on, cotton hat, neopreme gloves and shoes on. It was a chilly one, but it ran like it was on fire. There was not a single boat on the lake and I am pretty sure everyone thought I was nuts. Pretty sure they were right.

Banned User
    +1
    Yeah I got some pretty funny looks at the launch ramp. I need to get gloves. It was actually pretty warm in the sun.

+1
    Mid 40's wearing Jeans, hoodie, tennis shoes.

+1
    i ride quite often in my version of "extreme temps". my fiends and i have ridden in temps as low as '-5 deg C' air temp. (it was snowing that day, and we had to drive threw snow'y high ways to get to sea) - atleat we didnt have to que to use slipway!

to keep warm i/we wear:
    2x t-shirts
    1x jumper
    1x fleece
    3x thick socks (feet get coldest)
    and of course my typhoon drysuit with built in rubber socks. and i wear 5mm neoprene boots over.
    full face bicycle helmet with oakley goggles, or thick wooly hat with ear flaps and goggles

and to get around the cold hands... i wear rubber gloves (dental type) inside my 5mm neoprene glove. works a treat as you hands sweat out.

can get cold in England some times. never get the sunny weather you guys get state-side or in aus!

infact we are getting '-12 deg C' tonight. which is cold for us! and weve had allot of snow last few days.

33 degrees with a wind chill of -1 here on lake Geneva with a full wet suit, never again. But I was allot younger then.

Heres a question of wind chill? if the wind is blowing 30MPH and you are going into it at 50 mph you should theoretically have an 80 MPH wind chill right? What happens when you turn around and now have a tail wind of 30MPH still going 50 MPH what is your wind chill at 32 degrees Fahrenheit? LOL its kind of like jumping up into the air in a free falling elevator a split second before it crashes into the ground, I think the results are the same.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The poor Cali Guys ride year around, in the winter they fight the brutal cold,65* air temp and 64* water,,,,,,

If you have pissers,it would be easy to set up one with tubing and spray you hands.

You guys in the UK are copping a hard time with the cold atm, seen it on the news over here. Hope it doesnt get any worse than it is

Glad I popped in and had a read as im wanting to use my ski all yr round (when finished) because here in Aust its $160 per yr for license renewal which is ridicules (to give you a good comparison I hold an MC class drivers license for B-Double and Roadtrains and its $51 a yr) so I want to get the most out of it all yr round so these tips are very handy.

Thank you guys

+1
    rode briefly with temp in the upper 30's and very windy in march testing out a sl900 before i bought it a few yrs back in Waterloo,IA. Jeans, Hoodie, Puffy Coat, and soaked shoes/frozen feet.

Gotta love that "this guys f'n crazy!!" look everybody that saw me had.
    The kid i bought it from and my buddy couldnt believe i did it, not so smart thinking back of what could have gone wrong on an unknown ski and no wet suit in that cold Fun experience tho!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information