08 Ultra 250x bogging...only 50 hrs.

My ski is all stock. I had to tow another 250x into shore when the "F1" code turned on and went to limp mode. It shortly bogged, but then it went away. It is worthy to mention that I was towing the ski at a constant rpm and at about 15 to 20 mph. for about 3 miles before arriving at the dock. Since the ski ran good, I stored the ski for about 9 months. Took is to the dealer for service before taking her out again. I mentioned to the dealer what had happened. They claimed that the ski does not keep error codes once you turn it off. They claimed they ran the ski and the bogging didn't resurface. So, the family and I went skiing over the weekend. The ski ran fine; however, after several passes during the day, I took her to WOT, then it happened...beep beep "F1". I waited a few seconds in limp mode, then it cleared and it ran fine again. This happened three times during the day. Does anyone know what could be wrong? The dealer said it maybe a faulty coil, but no way to diagnose it until the error "F1" pops up again. I think it may have something to do with me towing the ski at low speed and constant rpm...maybe a sensor is going out. Any ideas is surely welcome.

I got FI and it was coil. Ski ran on two cylinders up to 25 then limped and beeped like a banshee. I dont know how you could have a sporadic FI. Could be sensor failure? Or why dealer has to have a constant FI to check the coils? Should just do it.

Thanks...i have an endurance race tomorrow. We'll see if she acts up again.

She acted up again before the race. This time i pushed in the set and mode buttons and got "char". As it turned out...it was a loose battery terminal.. i guess everytime i get her serviced, need to make sure all terminals are tight. Thank you forum!

I may be wrong but I seem to remember a friend of mine had a 'char' fault which at the time we assumed it to be a charging fault to the battery, but it turned out to be the sensor on the intercooler, the wire around the back at the top of the intercooler was bearly intact and it caused an itermitent activation of limp mode.
    New sensor and the fault never returned, think 'Char' is for Charger as in supercharger air.

Sorry, whats the R&D Interface??

Banned User
    +1
    It's a plug in module for the IAT sensor. That will keep it from reading out of limits. And stop the limp mode on real hot days. It's on R&d. Website.

Thanks guys...let me check!

Thread Information