Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

300X boarding step and front air intake cover worth mods?

Tried search but nothing. 2 quick questions but first my info: 2011 300X, R&D Plate, R&D Wastegate block off, Riva Scom, Rear hoses removed, front hoses shortened, raised rear seat, and on the way I have the Riva Power filter kit, R&D grate, R&D shoe seal kit, and R&D Shim kit.

My questions are:

1. Do you think the boarding step and brackets create any drag/resistance at high speeds since its under water?
    2. Is it dangerous to remove the little front cover in front of the 2 front air inlets? Its just looks very restritive.

Thanks
    Jay

Banned User
    +1
    U won't see a increase in speed by removing the step but it eliminates the possibility of the swim spring breaking and making a e brake lol and cleans up the back. the recall plate is your call it will increase rpm a little but may let more water in as well. Depends how you ride

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    Tried search but nothing. 2 quick questions but first my info: 2011 300X, R&D Plate, R&D Wastegate block off, Riva Scom, Rear hoses removed, front hoses shortened, raised rear seat, and on the way I have the Riva Power filter kit, R&D grate, R&D shoe seal kit, and R&D Shim kit.

My questions are:

1. Do you think the boarding step and brackets create any drag/resistance at high speeds since its under water?
    2. Is it dangerous to remove the little front cover in front of the 2 front air inlets? Its just looks very restritive.

Thanks
    Jay
    Personally I do not see a difference in having the rear hoses removed. I made sure they can not get blocked and have them secured. I just rather be safe in case there is a roll over. It can happen. That will keep your ski able to just get rolled over and continue riding. they do not restrict any air flow. They are a larger diameter than the hull openings anyway. JMO

Kind of late for that, already cut. Crap

+1
    and as far as the little plate, leave it. the tubes can suck air in through the steering column and many other areas. That is more than enough air. I think it is not worth taking the chance to get the water inside the ski. On my ski I have the plate in place and all the hoses in. Front seat down tight. It runs just as good and ones with those things done as you are mentioning.

Where are you? What are your normal riding conditions? Just asking because I see you did not mention a grate. I would assume because of that you ride rough probably offshore conditions which would tell me that you really should not remove the plate.

+1
    I am sure you can find someone that has some old or spare hoses they removed on their Ultras laying in their shop. If not they are only list for 15.82 each. Much cheaper than a sunk ski.
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=191&B=29

+1
    why do so many get sucked in buying all these useless performance parts lol wht are you going to do with the shims? all good advise i have the cover removed and the tubes removed my choice, and yes i have the flat filter it lets alot of water in, i added an electric bilge to deal with any rollover. its all about choice and chance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    its all about choice and chance.
    Agreed!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    why do so many get sucked in buying all these useless performance parts lol
    Hypocritical coming from a guy who blew his engine up with an aftermarket engine management system.

I am not good with marine terms but I shortened the front hose thats farther for the intake about 4-5 inches, and the one closer to the filter about 8-9 inches. Just enough to have it not be against the hull restricting air.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information