Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it Intercooled????

I know this may be a stupid question but how can I tell if my Seadoo is intercooled??? I know it's supercharged buy I can't find anything in the manual that lets you know either way.

It's a 2006 RXT

Thx

+1
    It has an internal incooler in the inlet manifold.
    All the 215's had this intercooler, the 255's have an external cooler, the only ones that had nothing were the 185 supercharged models.

Thanks for the reply.....So here's my question then

I was reading the manual that came with my new (to me) 2003 RXT with 23 hours on it. It stated that, the supercharger needed servicing every 100 hours for NA (whatever that is) and machines without an intercooler but that had a supercharger. For machines with a supercharger and an intercooler, like my RXT, it says I have to service the supercharger every 200 hours. Where I am now confused is that everything I've read on here and other Seadoo forums state this HAS to be done every 100 hours.

I understand that the ceramic washers need to be changed immediately and I am told I should basically not even start it never mind use it until this is done but, if I am reading the manual right, I should be able to go 200 hours between service intervals not 100. Is this correct????

+1
    No. I'm not sure if you are misinterpreting it or something?? What you have posted there doesn't even make sense, NA means naturally aspirated (I.e - no supercharger). Your supercharger needs to be rebuilt at 100 hours. Perhaps earlier models only required a 200 hour service but I don't know if that is the case.
    Either way bro, as you stated, change out them ceramic washers and ride you have a while to go before having to worry about the rebuild!

All 215 models are to be rebuilded at every 100 hours up to 2008. ( not sure about the 2008 part but, 90% sure)

I very likely am misinterpreting it!! Assuming I have done it right, a picture of what I was looking at is attached below......

Basically, under the engine section, at the very end just prior to the cooling section I am looking at the heading Supercharger slipping moment (if equipped)....if this is not what they are talking about then what the hell is a supercharger slipping moment????

If you follow the I in the shaded section to the top it is under the 200 hour or 2 year mark. The comments I was talking about are on the far right. This is the only reference to the supercharger I can find anywhere in the periodic maintenance table so I am making the assumption that is what they are talking about. If it is not, where can I find it in the manual???

Also, you said I have a long time to go. 100 hours does not seem like very much time to me but, again, I do not have any experience with Seadoos or how fast it will take to get to 100 hours. How long does it usually take for you to get there??? I am in Western Canada and have a limited summer to use it so I have to try and gauge it with winters in mind. Also, I am assuming you agree that I should not ride it until the washers have been changed out.

Thanks for all the help.....I really appreciate it as I tend to have a little OCD when it comes to things like this. I just hate not knowing about anything I own!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Manual.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	263657  

+1
    The slipping moment refers to the point where the clutches on the shaft will slip. They need to do this due to the rapid deceleration that comes from snapping the throttle shut. Without the ability for the clutches to slip, the shaft would just snap due to the sudden deceleration. The slip moment can be checked by holding the s/c gear and using a torque wrench to determine the torque required to slip the clutch washers. If the slip becomes too low it can effect performance due to the clutches slipping under normal operating conditions.

The main reason for rebuilding the supercharger at 100 hours is to refresh the bearings and all the components that wear due to the slipping of the clutch washers.

I've had my rxpx for 4 years and only done 125 hours. (plus 10,000 wrenching lol). And Aussie weather permits me to ride year round.

Sorry for the long winded response.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    The main reason for rebuilding the supercharger at 100 hours is to refresh the bearings and all the components that wear due to the slipping of the clutch washers.

I've had my rxpx for 4 years and only done 125 hours. (plus 10,000 wrenching lol). And Aussie weather permits me to ride year round.

Sorry for the long winded response.
    Not at all, I am glad you took the time to educate me on the subject....that is exactly what I was looking for. I'm glad to hear it you 4 years to basically reach 125 hours and that you can ride year round. With that in mind I guess it will take forever for me to get there!!! Here in Canada where I live, our "summer" is virtually 4 months and that is being liberal....most times it is more like 2 1/2 -3 months of really good warm weather. The rest of the time it can get upwards of -50 C with a usual temp in the -10 to -30 range. Also, it costs about 900.00 to rebuild them here!! I was worried I would have to rebuild it virtually every summer. I know I can have Jim do it cheaper, and definitely will use him when the time comes but I was still worried about the frequency.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRGRIZZ View Post
    Not at all, I am glad you took the time to educate me on the subject....that is exactly what I was looking for. I'm glad to hear it you 4 years to basically reach 125 hours and that you can ride year round. With that in mind I guess it will take forever for me to get there!!! Here in Canada where I live, our "summer" is virtually 4 months and that is being liberal....most times it is more like 2 1/2 -3 months of really good warm weather. The rest of the time it can get upwards of -50 C with a usual temp in the -10 to -30 range. Also, it costs about 900.00 to rebuild them here!! I was worried I would have to rebuild it virtually every summer. I know I can have Jim do it cheaper, and definitely will use him when the time comes but I was still worried about the frequency.
    You will only get about 3 hours out of a tank, so if you use a full tank a week for 3 months, your looking at about 40 hours.. You should get a few seasons out of your rebuilds.

Jim? Are you meaning Jerry (AKA Mr Greenhulk)? He sells the rebuild kits for $320 or so and will perform the rebuild for $75 I think it is, then you just need to include shipping both ways and your looking at $500 dollars or so. Jerry's work is second to none and it is vital these things are rebuilt properly. But as I've said, you can cross that bridge when you get to it. Probably quite a while yet.

I have never owned a s/c with ceramic washers, but I think you'd be safe to order the replacement washers, and ride until they arrive (touch wood). You'd be highly unlucky to experience a failure in that time. Replacing the clutch washers is very easy and while the charger is out you can check your slip moment and adjust if necessary.

+1
    2003 RXT
    No such thing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information