Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

LA County Approves $1,000 Fine for Throwing Football or Frisbee on the Beach!

Stupid California bureaucrats gone wild!!!

CBS NEWS - Feb 8, 2012

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

In passing the 37-page ordinance on Tuesday, officials sought to outline responsibilities for law enforcement and other public agencies while also providing clarification on beach-goer activities that could potentially disrupt or even injure the public.

The updated rules now prohibit “any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object other than a beach ball or volleyball “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit, or playing water polo “in or over the Pacific Ocean”.

However, during the winter off-season, the new rules will be relaxed.
    Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.

Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/...ee-on-beaches/

+1
    BS like this never really surprises me when it come out of LA-LA land...

"Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season."
    So, based on the above, I could be fined for allowing my minor child to sunbathe on the beach, during the peak period, as that type of activity is known to cause skin cancer - which is effectively allowing an activity that could potentially harm "any person... on or near the beach".

Ok, I got it now: No sunbathing on the beach during the peak season...

+1
    Are you kidding me . Must be a way to keep people at home. As a kid in the 70-80s the Santa Monica beach was a nightmare. I cant imagine what it like now. Every one has to roll over together. At Venice's Beach what are the chain saw juggler going to do. What if you want to flight a kite? I think I will take a zero on going there in the future.

+1
    What scares me is these stupid laws are usually a responce to Stupid behavior or a Stupid lawsuit.
    It's stupid fixing stupid !
    LOL...you know what Forest Gump's Mama has to say about stupid.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    The really funny part about the whole thing is that the people who will be affected by this, won't be able to pay the fine if they are busted.

Its probably, actually a way for the city to try to 'add' to the budget which is something like 72 million dollars SHORT for 2012; the schools predict a 573million deficit for 2012/13...

+1
    Is this at all surprising? We're talking about the state that wants to ban flat screen TV's, happy meal toys & Santa Claus.

+1
    That is beyond asinine. So Grandma may get beaned in the head with a frisbee now and then when the beach is crowded, it happens. Restrictions on the depth of a freaking beach hole, I mean really?????

What next, an oxygen tax ? Maybe it's in California's future to require permits to consume greater than normal amounts oxygen during strenuous activities like throwing frisbees, (when you are permitted)

All the laws in the world will never eradicate the basic laws of human stupidity.

+1
    apparently, the fine for beach football/frisbee is $100 bux; its beach nudity that will get you a $1000 fine(and other related misdemeanors).

I've been following this on the local news today....

You can still do these activities in designated areas, and if it's the 'off season', you can do it anywhere on the beach, as long as you check with, and get the lifegaurds permission.

...and tooo true - no amount of laws will make up for human stupidity.

+1
    I wonder if I threw a hard ball at Nancy Pelosi's head...

would that be considered a designated area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    I wonder if I threw a hard ball at Nancy Pelosi's head...

would that be considered a designated area?
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA One could only hope.
    Can you imagine the line for THAT opportunity?

...can we put B. Boxer in there with her? like a 2 fer...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information