Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel Pump Restore Project

I want to completely restore my fuel system. I am a NOOB at this kind of stuff an I need it to be laid out for me. I have gone over this entire forum and I havent found anybodys link to help with this. I have read this article several times:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148277

But it doesn't explain what type of pump I should buy, or how to install it.
    Would this type of pump be okay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Miku...#ht_3778wt_922

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by setharterburn View Post
    I want to completely restore my fuel system. I am a NOOB at this kind of stuff an I need it to be laid out for me. I have gone over this entire forum and I havent found anybodys link to help with this. I have read this article several times:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148277

But it doesn't explain what type of pump I should buy, or how to install it.
    Would this type of pump be okay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Miku...#ht_3778wt_922
    That's the one I have x 2. check this out: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...l+line+diagram

Thanks alot. I love diagrams. Helps me think

+1
    Here's the super duper easy solution. Call John Zigler at Rock County Jet Ski. Tell him you have a Polaris 750 that needs a triple pump and carb rebuild kits. He's put together a ton of these kits and sends you exactly the pieces you need to get your ski running like a champ.

Rock County Jet Ski / WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am-5pm central time mon-fri
    please email; [email protected]

Also, go to the autoparts store and get about 20' of 1/4" I.D. fuel hose to re-plumb everything from the tank to the carbs. Fuel injection rated hose is best because it's reinforced.

KJ

+1
    Not sure what kind of ski you have, but if you are going to replace your lines, find out if you have a restrictor in the return line and make sure you keep it for the reinstall!!

+1
    He just bought a '95 SL750.

Hey Setharterburn, you seem to have about 5 different threads started on this one ski. I'm not bashing you here, but a little friendly advise is to keep everything in one thread so it's easier for folks to follow what you're doing. The best suggestion is to combine all your info and questions into a single thread in the Projects Section: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104 Since this ski is essentially a project to you that may be the best home for your questions and answers.

Maybe you can send a PM to Beerdart (the Polaris forum MOderator) and ask him to consolidate all your stuff into a single thread?

No matter where the thread lives, it will help us all to have all the info in one place.

KJ

Sorry bout that. Don't do the whole forum thing much. Figured I just start a new thread for each question I had. I'll start another thread under projects. Thanks for the advice guys

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    lease email; [email protected]

Also, go to the autoparts store and get about 20' of 1/4" I.D. fuel hose to re-plumb everything from the tank to the carbs. Fuel injection rated hose is best because it's reinforced.

KJ
    Fuel injection hose is REALLY expensive. Around $5 a foot around here. While the "regular" black rubber reinforced fuel (Goodyear) hose is only around $1 a foot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Fuel injection hose is REALLY expensive. Around $5 a foot around here. While the "regular" black rubber reinforced fuel (Goodyear) hose is only around $1 a foot.
    Reinforced is what I was thinking of, but I was thinking only FI hose had it though. It's been a while since I re-did the fuel lines in my skis. I would suggest FI hose though for the pulse line since I'm not sure the regular stuff is rated for the vacuum. I could be wrong though.

KJ

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by setharterburn View Post
    Sorry bout that. Don't do the whole forum thing much. Figured I just start a new thread for each question I had. I'll start another thread under projects. Thanks for the advice guys
    No apology needed. I was just trying to help you get the quickest, best answers you can. It's easiest for folks to help you with all info in one location.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information