Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

R12-X with Macsboost

Anyone out there fitted a H20 stainless exhaust to a R12X with full stage 2 Macsboost? I would be interested to hear the results. Looking at it though, if in the unfortunate event that the ski did roll, you would get water in the turbo / engine?

+1
    Its safe . Be prepaired to have heads turning tho . Its pretty loud. It does help slightly with holeshot. For me i wanted the biggest ic i could fit into the r so i had to go with the exhaust. As for anything else h2o sells dont do it . It will take him a month to have the exhaust to u so be patient .. or just drive down it kick him in the butt to finish it . It might help

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaturboboy View Post
    Anyone out there fitted a H20 stainless exhaust to a R12X with full stage 2 Macsboost? I would be interested to hear the results. Looking at it though, if in the unfortunate event that the ski did roll, you would get water in the turbo / engine?
    In the event of a roll with a straight exhaust, water can get to the turbo. It is a "straight" shot after all! I have a broken turbo from just that, the shaft snapped at the base of the turbine. The turbo didnt snap immediately, but did so within a few minutes after flipping. I suspect the water cooled the turbine quickly, shocked the material and caused the failure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	266351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	266352  

+1
    lol u crak me up supamac. Dont see this happining to a experienced rider. If its a family ski then dont do it just because it to darn loud to cruse with family. But if u want that that bazass sound to accent ur bazass ski go for it but it realy dont gain anything . I would be wore worried about running lean with that added boost that mac module is adding . It only adds boost NOT FUEL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    lol u crak me up supamac. Dont see this happining to a experienced rider. If its a family ski then dont do it just because it to darn loud to cruse with family. But if u want that that bazass sound to accent ur bazass ski go for it but it realy dont gain anything . I would be wore worried about running lean with that added boost that mac module is adding . It only adds boost NOT FUEL
    More fuel is added with the increased boost added with Mac's kit. If you do some research you will find out how.

+1
    No it dont i have spoke with 3 others that have tried to build go fast parts. All our tests were confirmed with o2 sensors . I was told and have read many times before i did my upgrades that the other map sensor nearest the back of the valve cover controled fuel. But i have tested this theroy 2 different ways with no added fuel over stock boost. Now i did get it to run richer under stock boost. Its like honda set the ecu fuel tables to top out at 13psi so it dont have any maping ro add fuel beyond 13psi.
    If u test urself or ask the correct people u will get the same answers i have.
    Bty if it isnt true how come i dont have the honda experts attacting me for my findings.

+1
    Bottom line is my kits are tuned for optimum performance, reliability and economy. Fuel is added, but not as much as we could. You can't make 50 more horsepower without adding fuel. Why burn more fuel than you need to? These days, that is a much bigger deal than it was in 2005!

I'm on the forum to help fellow aquatrax owners get the most out of their watercraft and enhance their experience. I do my best to represent my products honestly, and support them before and after the sale. I don't sell needless parts that don't add performance just to make a buck. My parts work, and continue to work well on thousands of watercraft. That is why I am here and am proud of my track record. Success didn't come easy or by accident.

+1
    So if the macboost module does five my hp and it also adds fuel what is the expected fuel range after installing a mac unit
    Stock ski gets 110+miles per tank on a group ride at mod-fast pace.

+1
    you only burn more fuel if you are turning more rpm than stock.

+1
    So if a person runs 16psi with ur mac unit and repitches prop to run same rpm u should have same fuel range?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information