Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Boat show pricing

I'm sure this has been talked over in the past, but I know this upcoming weekend a lot of people will be heading out to the boat shows. I'm just curious what kind of discounts will be thrown around.

I had mind set on the FX HO, but I really want the SHO. The problem for me is the SHO at 14,500 is tough one to over. After calling several local dealers, the best price I could get was 13,900.00.

This is the first time for me going to a show, so I was just wondering what I should expect for a decent discount.

+1
    Best deals are always on Craigslist. Last year I bought 2 2008 SHO's with 4 years left on the warranty for 14k.

+1
    But if you must have new, I would imagine they would be throwing in thier 4 year extended warranty that goes on top of the 1 year.

Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1
    We went to the Atlanta boat show and one dealer was offering free maintenance and a warranty upgrade (no discount on the ski) which didn't appeal to us. But overall, I didn't see any "fantastic" deals. I wasn't expecting any since it's a newly designed ski for 2012 so I'm waiting until they are trying to clear the remaining stock out in July/Aug (maybe later) timeframe. Then, they might be more motivated- just my 2 cents

Up here in vancouver they STILL have a 2009 FZs at the boat show. No knew 2012s. Im sure you could wheel that fzs pretty cheap.

southern washington state in pacific northwest
    I would normally say the best deals are on craigslist too and in the off season. Check allofcraigs.com - it shows what you want all over the nation. Last weekend I bought a brand new blue 2009 fzr with 0 hours and a 4 year warranty from a dealer in seattle for only 8999.00 TOTAL no set up costs. I've been sitting on it all week in my garage and the wife is a bit jealous. lol I think they may have bought it from another dealer who went out of business. Not sure but thats what they said. They did also say they were giving me a "boat show discount" but I got the price before the boat show. Good luck.

Yup, you gotta love craigslist...I have been checking craigslist every day, since last fall, and although I came across some pretty good deals, most of the skis were older. If there was a SHO(which was rare), it was either a scam ad or the asking price was ridiculously overpriced. I looked as far as Maine to Maryland and came across only one 1.8 FX HO and that was 8 hours away in the middle of nowhere. But I appreciate the advice, and I'll keep looking.

It seems like in New England, everything sells by labor day. There is a few FzRs around but they are not hardly taking anything off. The best deal I came across was an Ultra 300lx last labor day for 12,400. I was ready to bite, but held off.

+1
    It's tough to find a ski up north. there just isnt as much demand. They are all over the place down south. But even here, I still see people asking 13k for thier 2009 SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by awarrick View Post
    We went to the Atlanta boat show and one dealer was offering free maintenance and a warranty upgrade (no discount on the ski) which didn't appeal to us. But overall, I didn't see any "fantastic" deals. I wasn't expecting any since it's a newly designed ski for 2012 so I'm waiting until they are trying to clear the remaining stock out in July/Aug (maybe later) timeframe. Then, they might be more motivated- just my 2 cents

That stinks, ...did you go on the first day it opened up? I was just wondering if you go later in the week, towards the end of the show, if there willing to you a better offer?

+1
    Brewster, its hard to find a good deal in our area since the dealers sell so few skis per year. CT power & sports has decent prices, they quoted a buddy of mine 12k OTD on a 2010 FZ last summer. Also have a look at C & E yamaha in Middleboro, I haven't bought a ski there but they are a very reputable yami dealer. Keep in mind, the boat show is this weekend at the expo center in Boston.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information