Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    R&D vs Riva Ride plate

    I'm sure everyone in here will be biased as to which one to choose but has anybody tested both of them back to back on their ski? I'm looking to replace the VX one on my FZS. It's good to 75, past that it porpoises and at 85, I'm not trying to take any chances. I'm also looking to replace the stock one for my VXS. That just has bolt-ons and tops out at 70. Any input would be appreciated.


  2. #2
    kyle s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    124
    +1
    1
    Is your VX plate modded or stock?

  3. #3
    STALKER FZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by StockYami View Post
    I'm sure everyone in here will be biased as to which one to choose but has anybody tested both of them back to back on their ski? I'm looking to replace the VX one on my FZS. It's good to 75, past that it porpoises and at 85, I'm not trying to take any chances. I'm also looking to replace the stock one for my VXS. That just has bolt-ons and tops out at 70. Any input would be appreciated.
    85??...Damn! What are your mods?
    Although I have not experienced either one of those plates, many have and someone will chime in... I don't know if many will not be able to tell what they do at 85 though LOL.

  4. #4
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    i dont have an FZ mine is a FX, BUT i got a couple of friends passing that speed and some of them are using the R&D with a cut, and some of them are using the VX with a cut. if you VX plate is stock you might give JIM a call he is going to give you the best info about plates, also he probably tell you about the chims.

  5. #5
    I'm running stock VX. I'm trying to get something off the shelf, not custom cut. Stalker-if your doing those winter mods, throw out the c3 and get the E-tech low boost wheel and a fuel pressure regulator. You'll def be in the 80s.

  6. #6
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    if i were you i will JIM a call. before doing anything

  7. #7
    Lightning Struck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Davenoprt Iowa
    Posts
    714
    +1
    10
    I'm going with a R&D since there's been a few people that have said after 85 it feels more stable than the vx and gives a bit more speed. I'll find out in a couple months!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    I'm going with a R&D since there's been a few people that have said after 85 it feels more stable than the vx and gives a bit more speed. I'll find out in a couple months!
    I find it very strange you found people who liked the R&D at 85+. We could never get the R&D plate on the fz to settle down and not hop like crazy in the 85-87 mph range. Tommy Jordan

  9. #9
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,144
    +1
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I find it very strange you found people who liked the R&D at 85+. We could never get the R&D plate on the fz to settle down and not hop like crazy in the 85-87 mph range. Tommy Jordan
    I know some skis over 95mph down here in SOFLA using the R&D plate. FX SHO too.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528
    FX SHO is a complete different hull bottom than a FZ! Maby that is why it works on a FX Hull much better . Tommy Jordan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SHO Riva Ride Plate vs Standard Ride Plate which to send to Jim
    By wakeboardmuppet in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 11:25 PM
  2. R&D vs Riva ride plates
    By wakewhornc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
  3. Riva ride plate VS Jim's cut plate?
    By Beagleman62 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
  4. ULTRA 250X vs ULTRA 250X WITH RIVA RIDE PLATE
    By ULTRA 250XXX in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
  5. R/D ride plate vs Riva Ride plate
    By Lvnspeed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •