Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Doo's answer to the 300?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	212(ii).jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	263935

This thing smoked a 300 at cc and won the endurance. They say it's the answer to the 300. Look at the side fin at the sponson and the "knee holder". This thing can corner fast! Deep v hull for the rough stuff.

+1
    We will see. A friendly race at last year's MB proved differently. All I got to say about that.
    I am sure there will be one at the MH and I know we will have a couple in our regional races. That is the only way to prove it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    We will see. A friendly race at last year's MB proved differently. All I got to say about that.
    I am sure there will be one at the MH and I know we will have a couple in our regional races. That is the only way to prove it.
    We can do some more friendly racing at Mini MB.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraKvz View Post

Name:	212(ii).jpg 
Views:	1516 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	263935

This thing smoked a 300 at cc and won the endurance. They say it's the answer to the 300. Look at the side fin at the sponson and the "knee holder". This thing can corner fast! Deep v hull for the rough stuff.
    I have friends that have ridden it good riders and foo owners and they say it takes heaps of effort to corner. A great rider on a good machine will beat a good rider on. A great machine any day of the week.

Sure this machine should not be underestimated at any cost but its a little too focused on closed course racing as it is a sit down wedged in turn on rails ride. For offshore endurance racing it will be closer to the Ultra i would imagine with its deep V hull design but with the Ultra"s heavy weight and brutal torquey engine it should still hold its own and edge ahead in all rough waters as it just does not jump out of the water and loose hook up as any other current machine. If the Seadoo engineers have given the RXPX 2012 the best of both worlds on closed course and endurance and succeeded then they deserve it because in reality thats like combining an F1 car with a WRC Rallycross machine !!.
    Chris Macc will be racing this at the Mark Hahn in a couple of weeks so all will be revealed then / stock class as i"m aware.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    We can do some more friendly racing at Mini MB.
    Oh I knew you were going to jump on this one. ALSO know you way too well to know that I will definately not be able to hang with yours.

+1

Name:	308(ii).jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	263937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	309(ii).jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	263938

What I did not mention is that it was one out of four on the day. One won the endurance, second came the 300, then older RXP 2011, and then the other 2012's. BUT the pilot on the 300 were almost 10 kg's lighter than the one on the doo that won. Agree that it will deppend on the rider but it's a little closer now.

+1
    I was in the SD forum the other day noticed a post from another pittburgh rider (not to many of us) that just bought a new '12 RXPX.

I'll keep the forum posted in the case i bump into him this summer, curious how the 300 would stack up?

Interestingly I saw one of these new Doos at the L.A. Boat show yesterday . . . this new RXP is ALOT different than the old one. Sitting on it reveals this has a completely different feel than anything I have sat on before. When sitting on it you can "lock" your legs into the seat (the seat is very narrow up front so you can grip the machine with your legs). Looks to favor a "sit down" riding style to me. It's 130 inches long; I think the Ultra is 133 inches long. The Hull has a VERY aggressive V shape on the bottom; it looks like it should slice through the chop nicely with that much V. And the Sponsoons look very aggressive for a stock boat. I don't know how heavy this new Doo is . . . I bet heavier than the original RXP, but not as heavy as the Ultra. That's interesting Chris M will be on one at the MH300. If there's any kind of "chop" at the event, Chris for sure will be able to put this new style Ski to the test with vigor I am sure.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraKvz View Post

Name:	308(ii).jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	263937Click image for larger version. 

Name:	309(ii).jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	263938

What I did not mention is that it was one out of four on the day. One won the endurance, second came the 300, then older RXP 2011, and then the other 2012's. BUT the pilot on the 300 were almost 10 kg's lighter than the one on the doo that won. Agree that it will deppend on the rider but it's a little closer now.
    The bit of info that tells me the rider on the 300 couldn't have been to good was that a RXP2011 came 2nd, and we all know how poorly they perform on bumps

But hey the truth is out there

Waz

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information