Keihin Carb Base Gasket

I have done search after search and not finding what I am looking for. Anyone know where I can find good carb base gaskets? The ones I had before that I can't find anymore were thick and had like a rubber coating. They were very nice and sealed well but I can't find them anymore. If not them can anyone recommend a good base gasket from experience that is good and thick and seals well. This may be a result of my problems from my other post as the gaskets that are on there now are literally paper thin and bend real easy so they are not perfectly flat and don't seem to seal well.

Banned User
    +1
    You could always buy gasket material and cut them yourself. I do that all the time. Then you don't have to wait to get them, and they are cheap. I got a sheet at the auto parts store for around 6 bucks and I have made a bunch of gaskets from it already and I still have half of it left.

Thanks, I am not worried about waiting for them as it will still be a couple months before I can ride. Just trying to get them ready for the spring so they will be ready to go when the weather warms hopefully next month and price isn't a problem. I plan on buying a few sets of them for the future. I would rather have them factory cut to specs so I know there won't be any problems with them.

So no one uses or buys gaskets or the ones everyone using crappy too?

Banned User
    +1
    Contact John Zigler. I am sure he has them.

Order them from a local Kawi dealer. I just ordered some and they are metal and have a rubbery foam coating on them making them reusable as well as a good seal.

I called one today and they wanted $17 for factory and $8 for after market. I told them for that price they better come with a life time warranty and guaranteed not to leak...LoL

The ones you are talking about sounds exactly like the ones I am looking for. Those are the really good ones and I can't find them anymore locally or online. The shop I was getting them from don't sell them anymore. They only have the ones that are as thin as aluminum and bend easily. Not sure how those really are able to seal anything but I know they aren't working.

I ordered mine from Riva Motorsports in Pompano Beach, FL. I'm sure you could call them up and order some. I thought they were less than 10 bucks. Just order the factory Kawasaki ones. they come with that finish you are looking for. 954-785-2684

check and see if Vesrah makes a gasket or maybe check out what few of the major vendors carry kina like Parts Unlimted or places like that

Thread Information