Simple fogging question

This seems obvious, but I can't find the answer anywhere and its not specifically stated in the storage service bulletin. When fogging through the sparkplug holes and the injector holes, I assume I want to disconnect the fuel injectors? Do you have to disconnect each one, or is there one master electrical plug for the whole rail?

+1
    What kind of ski? 4 tec hold full throttle while turning it over. This will activate flood mode and will shut off fuel...

Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    What kind of ski? 4 tec hold full throttle while turning it over. This will activate flood mode and will shut off fuel...
    06 rxp. I just went ahead and disconnected everything, good to know for next time though. Thanks. When I read flooding in the manual I thought that was just referring to the ingestion of the oil.

which is the right procedure? fog in the hole of spark plugs, then for in the injectors, disconnect all the inj electrical...turn on ski without inj but with spark plugs two times and stop it?

There is no need to fog into the spark plug holes. You only need to fog into the injector holes while cranking the ski with throttle held wide open, (or use a fogging kit, which basically does the same thing, with less work as you don't need to remove the injectors)

There are some people that fog with engine running, but this defeats the main purpose of fogging, which is to coat the exhaust valves and cylinder walls with oil.

Just did this yesterday, Just take the Two rail Bolts out, Pull all three injectors out with everything connected, Fog while full throtle and turning the starter by pressing the Start Button, I Usually call my neighbor to hold the rail and Press the Full throtle while I fog and press the start. It will be very dificult to do all of it alone. Unless you Tape the Throtle in wich case will leave you your two hands for Starting and Fogging.

I Spray a little bit in each one first and then do the same procedure while turning the engine.

NO NEED to Disconnect Anything other than the Two Bolts of the Fuel Rail.

Hope This Help

Fuel rail in the Middle

thanks

Thread Information