Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger!!!!!

Hi!

I was wondering if there is an easier way to change the supercharger oil without having to tear the motor half apart..... I also bought GM Gear oil, is that the right gear oil for it.
    I was told to use that type of gear oil. I can see the supercharger dipstick but i can`t get my hand in to take it out..

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

2008 kaawasaki ultra 250x

+1
    thats odd i could always reach mine!! use a socket and extension why do you need to change it? it is made non servicable leave it be unless you have had an issue with it. if not suck the oil out with a sucker, also chances are your dipstick is lying in the bottom like most others.

In the manual it says to change the gear oil every 50 hours i think...... I just wanted to make sure there is enough gear oil in it. So you never have to change the gear oil unless there is a problem?
    I have 100 hors on my ski and i have never changed the gear oil yet>>>

thanks for the help

Also like mentioned, if the dipstick is lying in the bottom, would that harm the supercharger? How can you check the gear oil then?

+1
    mine done well over 250hrs and i didnt touch it, if you remove the cap you will soon see if the stick is attached otherwise they just lay in the bottom.
    dont think the manual states to change the oil but i maybe wrong

So just leave it then? At how many hours should i change the supercharger belt? I changed my oil when i winterized it seadoo, do i have to change it again before using it at start up in the summer?
    Does moisture build up over the winter?

Thanks again

Banned User
    +1
    Best to start the ski at least once a month to keep shit from sticking and fog the crap out of the sc. The belt can go 100 hrs anything over that and your on borrowed time.

I took the battery out for the winter? I have not started it in 2 months.... Should i put the battery back in and just turn it over a couple of times?

Quote Originally Posted by priszm View Post
    I took the battery out for the winter? I have not started it in 2 months.... Should i put the battery back in and just turn it over a couple of times?
    Yes. Unless you or someone winterized it real good, the Ski will be happier overall if you can run it for 10 to 15 seconds every so often. And forget about the oil in the SC. The maintenance areas for the SC are the Belt, SC Pulley, and SC Tensioner wheel. Replace Belt at 100 hours. Tensioner Wheel and SC Pulley at 150 hours (to be safe).

I called the kawasaki dealer and they want $650 to change the belt.. 7 hour job they say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information