Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Exhaust

Best Exhaust

Hey everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my exhaust system and I am not sure who makes the best one. I see Riva makes one and is available through the gh store, is there any other company that makes a better system for the ultra 300x?

+1
    Yes there is a system that is perfect for the 300. The Riva sounds cool and is loud but you said better. For that reason I will tell you who makes the secret exhaust that has the best performance on that ski.

Kawasaki.

There has been tons of discussion and much testing. Search it and you can occupy a few days reading asll the discussion on here.

ok i will do some more searching on it. I have read multiple threads on the waterbox packing in or out but didnt see any on the exhaust. I will do a seach for it. I am assuming if i search I will find the same on the intake setups? I know riva makes an aftermarket intake setup...

Banned User
    +1
    Stock and stock. G"L is correct. There is no gains over modded exhaust other then sound. Same with the intake. U can do the fresh air mods. But that's minimal gains as well.

Oh and FYI the riva exhaust is actually smaller inside diameter then stock.

I actually was going to ask something similar and also read part of the threat started by you lasportsmn but that threat after a few pages became a fight among some members. In my opinion that is a good threat, just needs to be edited to leave in the exhaust info and erase the fights.

Lasportsmn is 100% correct save your money oem is the best exhaust, with forced induction there are no gains to be had with any type of after market systems, remember these are 4 stroke engines not two strokes where high hp gains used to be made, the exhaust system is very short and unrestricted even with the filter in or out it does not make any difference in rpm or top speed, i have tested this.

+1
    I have read and asked questions on exhaust and intake upgrades in the past..... glad I took the GH vets advice.

Just did the SCOM, in my opinion best bang for the buck (if you haven't done it already)

+1
    http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=75
    Here is the answer to your question , it has been covered and tested by the Master Skip Holmes , miss you man!!
    I had the Riva full exhaust on my 250x and like others the difference was minimal with maybe a better acceleration in the mid range power but top speed was same.. the 300x will share the same results!

Banned User
    +1
    since were talking exhaust here lets stay on topic for once!

anyone wanna get technical for me and explain how it "helps detonation by relieving backpressure"(straight from skips site). can't get the hamster to spin the wheel fast enough up there to understand the link between the two and how it applies similar or different to us 300 guys.

also have any of you guru's opened up a 300 WB and compared it to a 250/60. i've seen the 300 opened up and i'd say restrictive is a good way to put it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    since were talking exhaust here lets stay on topic for once!

anyone wanna get technical for me and explain how it "helps detonation by relieving backpressure"(straight from skips site). can't get the hamster to spin the wheel fast enough up there to understand the link between the two and how it applies similar or different to us 300 guys.

also have any of you guru's opened up a 300 WB and compared it to a 250/60. i've seen the 300 opened up and i'd say restrictive is a good way to put it

Exhaust gas back pressure

Any restriction or blockage in the Exhaust system will increase back pressure, this means that the hot exhaust gasses are kept in the combustion chamber for longer thus increasing chamber temperature and increasing the likelihood of detonation.

This was always my understanding in the forced inducted car world..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information