What should i do with 1999 gtx rfi?

I just purchased a 1999 seadoo gtx rfi from a guy for $500. The motor had been taken out and the cylinders need to be bored out .050. The guy said all the components were there, but i was tired and didnt look through all the boxes. Unpacking it last night it appears there isnt any bottom end.... crank case, shaft, connect rods, nothing. My fault for not checking but still dissappointed.

So my question is, is it worth investing in a new bottom engine or even a complete engine? Or should i just part it out. All the electronics are there, but i have a feeling if i try to rebuild i could get nickle and dimed for all the small parts that are probably missing. Otherwise, like i said, if i part it out i could probably buy a working ski. Any comments would be appreciated.

Also, unrelated, i have a 95 sl650 polaris i was gonna sell. Rebuilt front cyl with good comp, body in fair condition, runs goox but a little slow out of the hole. I wanna list it locally and not sure on a fair price. Has title but no trailer included. Any ideas on what i should ask?

can't you just contact the seller for the rest of the parts?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    +1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    can't you just contact the seller for the rest of the parts?
    The guy i bought if from did the same as me. Bought it with motor in boxes and never checked. Im jusr wondering if its worth the time/effort to rebuild it or if i should part out and put to something else. I figured enough people have rebuilt motors or skis on here to know if im just throwing money at something thats not worth it.

it's a good stable hull. if you need just the cases, crankshaft and counter balancer, look in the classified section. you're going to need that for a core anyway unless the price difference without a core is less than a used set. or you can find a 787 carbed motor and electronics and swap everything over. gauges may not work. I'm not to sure if you'll make up the $500 if you part it out, but you can post it and see what responses that you get.

Thread Information