Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: sl780 project

sl780 project

i just got a sl780 as a project. it has a bad bottom end. but the good news is that it came with a parts ski. it is a slx750. i was told i can just swap the jugs and the pistons onto the 750 block? is this correct. but another thing i also want to swap out the pump and the ride plate, is there any little tips that i should know that will make this alot easier or is it pretty much self explanatory. any tips on the ski would be greatly appreciated. i don't care if it has nothing to do with what i am doing to the ski at the point in time because i am new ti pwc and any info i would love to have. thanks to everyone who helps me with this project.

Dan

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Jugs and pistons will swap right over. The 780 cases are ported and the 750 are not, so you may loose a tad there, but I would not be overly worried about that. Make sure to use the 780 carbs and exhaust manifold with the 780 jugs. Easy project. I would recommend using a engine alignment tool if you can get access to it when putting the engine back in.

It will be a fun little project!

this may be a stupid question but what is an engine alignment tool?

and how much would it be to buy one if i cant find one lieing around

I dont think there is a difference between the rideplates or intake grates on those skis. You should just put the pump extension stuff (extension ring, driveshaft, extended cooling line steering cable, trim linkage...) on the good pump stator (the short pump). Def make sure you use the 780 carbs as they have the bigger jets. Make sure they r clean as a whistle before you do any riding or you risk running lean. Take care of baby!

the ride plate on the slx u gave me is longer not to sure if therese a diffrence in the intake grate tho. and did u mark the carbs for the 780 or is there a visual diffrence. thanks for still hangin around man. and beleve me ur baby will be in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dwall View Post
    the ride plate on the slx u gave me is longer not to sure if therese a diffrence in the intake grate tho. and did u mark the carbs for the 780 or is there a visual diffrence. thanks for still hangin around man. and beleve me ur baby will be in good hands.
    Your right, the ride plate on the slx is probably longer b/c of the extended pump. Intake grate would be the same i would think. The 780 carbs are the ones in the box. The ones in the slx are the 750 carbs. other than that you would prob have to take them apart and check the jets to know the difference. When you clean them make sure you take them apart pretty well. Theres probably a how to on here somewhere. A rebuild kit might not be a bad idea either.

ya when i get more money i was going to get gasket kit, carb rebuild kits, needle, seats, and fuel pump rebuild kit. then by then ial have the extended pump finished. and all ial have to do is put it all back together.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Generally speaking, the 780 carbs are usually painted black.

650 and 750 carbs are painted blue.

Contact John Zigler at Watcon.com for your carb rebuild kits and triple outlet fuel pump if you don't have one already.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Generally speaking, the 780 carbs are usually painted black.

650 and 750 carbs are painted blue.

Contact John Zigler at Watcon.com for your carb rebuild kits and triple outlet fuel pump if you don't have one already.
    thanks for the info but both sets are black. and does john zigler sell the rebuild kit for the tripple outlet fuel pump.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information