Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 80mph X

80mph X

Well guys I will be getting my charger rebuilt and my motor gone thru since my washers failed on my 08. So heres my question I can't find the thread anymore where a guy on here went right at 80 on stock ECU CHARGER AND FUEL. Heres my list of mods I will take all the help and advice I can get. Let me know what else I need.

My mods

TDR thru hull exhaust
    4'' fizzle
    Worx grate
    15/22R prop
    opas block offs

What do i need to add to that?

I know I will need a pump relief setup

+1
    Take your time and pay close attention to every detail. It took alot of patience, but it came around with all the details I spoke about in that topic. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

+1
    I wouldn't bank on being able to get there with stock supercharger and ecu. Yes, it has been done, but I think the stars have to align to get there.
    As Ksalles said, it took a lot of patience and persistence to achieve it.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I couldn't even get there with all my mods

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I wouldn't bank on being able to get there with stock supercharger and ecu. Yes, it has been done, but I think the stars have to align to get there.
    As Ksalles said, it took a lot of patience and persistence to achieve it.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I couldn't even get there with all my mods
    think with all the parts that you can not mount your sky, your sky with the parties has molri hp but you can not do 80 mph, I do not mean to be rude but cicredo although I see it, then with this x should destroy 260 with all the changes coming in faster than 80 mph, if you want stories!! I do not believe in fairy tales anymore, or all of our changes and money spent are useless, worked heads, Camm, sc impellers, ECU, valve, and another thing to have served only to have a little more acceleration? not only guys with a good stable of horses you can do 80mph, no fairy tales ........

Thanks man your thread is very good. Are there much advantage to the inner cooler relocation?

+1
    It seems to have helped with throttle response a little etc. I actually bought it used in a package deal with the waterbox. It was a hard pill to swallow when I priced them new. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't found a deal on a used one. Good luck with everything and don't shoot for the stars initially. Keep chipping away at it..the speed will come eventually. Don't beat yourself up over it. I'm pretty anal with my stuff, so as the guys said...it took ALOT of patience and time finessing small things.
    Quote Originally Posted by I love water View Post
    Thanks man your thread is very good. Are there much advantage to the inner cooler relocation?

+1
    Good luck with your build. I have not made 80 (yet!) but can tell you to be watching for a used R&D grate. I am a fan of the WORX but it started stuffing on me @ 77-78mph with two pressure relief valves. I did not notice much difference from the IC relocation kit except better acces to the charger. I think Troy still has his in the stock location and runs low 80's. Be safe!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by I love water View Post
    Theoretically you get less boost loss by going to more rigid tubing, ie your stock hoses will flex under boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Theoretically you get less boost loss by going to more rigid tubing, ie your stock hoses will flex under boost.
    When I popped a stock hose the local dealer could not replace it as fast as I could get a relocation kit, so I gess the weak stock hoses are the reason I bought the kit. Congrats on the '12 Troy! Gonna change you riding style, are you? I won't even go look at them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information