kawasaki ultra 250x supercharger belt!

Hi!

I was just wondering if it is a big job to change the supercharger belt on my ultra 250x. I called the dealer and they said 7 hours labour to change it....thats nuts $650.
    Can i get to it by hand? do i need to move the motor back? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by priszm View Post
    Hi!

I was just wondering if it is a big job to change the supercharger belt on my ultra 250x. I called the dealer and they said 7 hours labour to change it....thats nuts $650.
    Can i get to it by hand? do i need to move the motor back? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
    Without the right tools and know how more likely it gets messed up. The "tension" of the Belt is very important; if the belt tension is wrong, the Belt will break soon. Find someone who will do it for a reasonable price. You already have a thread going on this point, why did you start a new one?

Banned User
    +1
    Yea no need for a new thread.

The job is easy to do. U don't need the tension tool but can be ordered for 20$ online. But if your not mechanical take it to someone.

Look at end of page 15 and all of 16 on this link (Copy paste into address bar) - 1hr job for a pro, might want to print a copy for your Stealer/dealer and suggest that if he charges 2hrs he's doing well out of you. You will need a new exhaust gasket, sorry muffler gasket.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:/...1uKPz5xV6ymTAg

+1
    easy job should be 2-3 hours max, on a stock ski. two or three hose clamps and the engine mount bolts, a little effort and some know how, come on boys this is an easy one.

ps, I have down many more sc's to belts, the sc belts on the 250 are pretty good. tension is the same as any fan belt feel the tension and get half a twist on the longest run of belt.

+1
    I asked this elsewhere but is there a written interval on the SC belt change? I have a service contract that is going to expire this summer and would like to get the dealer to do it. I have 140 hours on it now and will have 160-170 when the service contract has expired.

Banned User
    very easy to do with simple tools, you just have to slide the motor to the front by removing the motor mount bolts and of course remove the supercharger hose and intercooler blah blah

+1
    the manual only says to inspect for wear and damage every 25hrs, some guys have done 250+ hrs on a belt, others have not made 50, depends on mods and riding style, for a stock boat I wouldn't think it bad insurance to replace it every 100-150hrs.

you dont need to take the ic out to change the belt.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by JET250 View Post
    the manual only says to inspect for wear and damage every 25hrs, some guys have done 250+ hrs on a belt, others have not made 50, depends on mods and riding style, for a stock boat I wouldn't think it bad insurance to replace it every 100-150hrs.

you dont need to take the ic out to change the belt.
    sorry has been a while since ive seen how a stock intercooler is installed

Thread Information